Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX SS Commodore - My diary.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Fuggin' hoon!!!!

Hope th400 has transbrake so you can beat on that sumbitch like it owes you money....powercruise brah

Second time or third & final time blew up built 4l60e in vt ss was scared to look at car sideways or even sneeze near it in case transmission blew up lol

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
No real update, rather just an update for historical (hindsight/diary) reasons. Another trans down. Have her booked in on thursday for another rebuilt trans.. Same problem. 3rd and 4th gear clutches.
Pulled out of Bunnings, picking a gap...3rd gear wheel spin, traction control applied...I didn't lift and when the power came back on...clutches gone. I actually felt it happen this time.
My t400 is in (landed) but cant afford the conversion atm so being my daily I have no choice but to put in another 4l60e.
It is what is is :rolleyes:
Cheers mate, spent the last 5 hours reading all the posts and watching the videos, what a journey. Very interested in how this pans out when you get your t400 plumbed in.
Good luck and thanks for sharing.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Hi guys..new here but thought I might start a dairy of where this is gonna take my car.

Chuck

just seen this thread
my diary... VX SS, white manual... bought new

take delivery.. notice car is not nice to drive and detonation/pinging is off the planet
Step A)
talk to Sales Mgr at stealership.. he says fuel it with PULP
I do!

Step B)
2 weeks later and I need to go buy 4-5 litres of oil. dipstick shows none

sick of this.. ring Service Manager at stealership. He does NOT believe me
I wave Repco receipts under his nose.... doh!

Car goes on oil consumption test.. km registered, engine filled and told NOT to fill it
2 weeks later.. no oil on dipstick. Oh... says Service Manager. Bring it in, we wanna look
Dealership adds 5 litres, puts car back on oil consumption test

yep, nearly 3 weeks later.. engine is noisy, no oil on dipstick and grunt??? all gone
wouldn't pull a sailor off ya sister! get beaten at lights by Excels...

Car goes in to service dept at dealership for test... oh.. no compression in 5 cylinders
engine pulled down.. new rings. And engine assembled*

Go back to Step B)!

This happens THREE times before Holden says.. just on a year after purchase
you can have a nice new hand built/tested complete engine.*

Thank you.. nice new engine is good!

a month later gear box lunches itself.. stuck in 2nd :(
gearbox replaced.. nice getting there

then I drive around a LH corner and the LSD says.. nope not letting of axle!
hello new diff...

a few months later go for a drive on a nice Sunday in Gippsland and we all cram
in next to the towie.. car is on a flatop with front RH caliper seized, wheel wont 'turn

Bugger.. sell car on a 'special' with Holden and dealer assistance and move to a
brand new SS sedan.... VY just been released. Zero problems with that.. zero

beware of this!
Dsc00455-VXF_on.jpg

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What are the chances?
I’d be privately exchanging VIN details.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Fuggin' hoon!!!!

Hope th400 has transbrake so you can beat on that sumbitch like it owes you money....powercruise brah

Second time or third & final time blew up built 4l60e in vt ss was scared to look at car sideways or even sneeze near it in case transmission blew up lol
Gawd, I get where your at. I dont even know what my engine can do yet as my trans spits the dummy every time I slightly push it. I have another pulley and belt going on for more boost/power when my t400 goes on...hoping for 650-700 rwhp but its all a dream until my trans issue is sorted.

Cheers mate, spent the last 5 hours reading all the posts and watching the videos, what a journey. Very interested in how this pans out when you get your t400 plumbed in.
Good luck and thanks for sharing.
I appreciate that you spent some time going through the topic...its been a pretty honest ride through the ups and the downs.

@Smitty What a shame for the bad run. I always liked the VX because it has softer curves than most other commies but a bad run is a bad run. I get it. I See your pic under your name is a VK....do you still have that?

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
.................... I See your pic under your name is a VK....do you still have that?

this...?
yes mate ... although it has gathered cobwebs for the past 2 years due to CoVid shutting circuits ( I am going over it with the intention to get it out at a track day shortly)

SuYVbQxh_o.jpg

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
2 small updates today...bought a US t400 last week, out of a cadillac ....needs a little machining before the build....will come...

but also bought myself a v6 WL stateman international that I pick up today as my new daily..pics incoming..

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
2 small updates today...bought a US t400 last week, out of a cadillac ....needs a little machining before the build....will come...

but also bought myself a v6 WL stateman international that I pick up today as my new daily..pics incoming..
Lol. Bought a Statesman as a daily. “I’m just going to change the oil”… nek minut… “My WL is making 700hp. Whoopsie daisy”

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lol. Bought a Statesman as a daily. “I’m just going to change the oil”… nek minut… “My WL is making 700hp. Whoopsie daisy”
Lol, nah not this one...probably run this one into the ground as my daily.

wjEoMIhVxVBRN46l_V1m84KROc7rBYx1eUWaN8-jw4sG69QnvLTjap3xdSMEC4cjn2Kdr9EbBqJGYlW3dY8rDtbQPf-4e6fAnCVRzUTSjzt4AQnBHRh1zWOcu6wfsTBf1QVtmO8KCg=w2400

Just needs the tinting re-done, someone broke the aerial and a decent detail. Its just had new tyres put on, new brakes, service so its just a matter of putting some km's on her and saving for the real moneypits next upgrades.