Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX V6 not cranking over?

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
Hi everyone. I have just installed complete ecotec running gear into a VX. These parts were from the wreckers so the bcm ecu and such don’t match. The BCM is the original one in the car so the key is already linked to it allowing me to unlock and lock doors etc. The ecu is from another car. My problem is that the car won’t crank over at all. Shouldn’t it atleast crank over 1-4 times if immobiliser was active? The fuel pump turns on and I’ve manually turned over the motor from the starter and I’ve got spark. It just won’t turn over from the key. Also, the bcm had been linked to an ls computer before hand. Any differences between the ls and eco bcm?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
you need to link the computers

HoldenHoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina V8
you need to link the computers
Yeah I’m going to let holden do that I’ve tried using a snap on scanner and it wouldn’t let me link them without the BCM security code. I just find it weird why it won’t crank at all. I put a different ecu in my VY V6 and it cranked 2 times then stopped. This car won’t crank at all.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
What's the condition of your battery like? What's the present voltage?