Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx starting issue

ChocoJr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy executive 2002
Hi guys I really need some help.
I have a 2001 VX wagon v6 that I got off a family friend and they didn’t have a key so I had to buy a new key, key fob, key barrel and bcm. I’ve tried to start it but it will kick over but won’t stay on. Does anyone have any ideas because I’m clueless on why it’s not starting on

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Yep. It's the new key fob. If you don't have the key fob that is programmed to the car, it will turn over, but then die because the immmobiliser can't locate the signal from the correct key fob.
The new bcm has not been programmed to the key fob. Go back to wherever you got it and tell them what's happening. They should be able to match them up properly.
Also, you shouldn't have needed a new bcm unless there was something else wrong with it. The key code can be read from the existing bcm and the key fob tuned accordingly.

ChocoJr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy executive 2002
Yep. It's the new key fob. If you don't have the key fob that is programmed to the car, it will turn over, but then die because the immmobiliser can't locate the signal from the correct key fob.
The new bcm has not been programmed to the key fob. Go back to wherever you got it and tell them what's happening. They should be able to match them up properly.
Also, you shouldn't have needed a new bcm unless there was something else wrong with it. The key code can be read from the existing bcm and the key fob tuned I bought a key fob and the programmer from Repco and I think
Also, you shouldn't have needed a new bcm unless there was something else wrong with it. The key code can be read from the existing bcm and the key fob tuned accordingly.
Thanks mate I’ll try that

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the bcm and ecu also need to be linked with a scan tool

max101cfh

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 vx equipe s2
Hi guys I really need some help.
I have a 2001 VX wagon v6 that I got off a family friend and they didn’t have a key so I had to buy a new key, key fob, key barrel and bcm. I’ve tried to start it but it will kick over but won’t stay on. Does anyone have any ideas because I’m clueless on why it’s not starting on
I'd put the original BCM back in the car go to the old Holden dealer (they aren't called Holden but still have all info and parts ect) go down with your log books and ask for all the codes for your car (eg. Key code, radio code, key fob code ect) and then give that info to a locksmith get them to cut your key (assuming it's the original barrel) and code the key fob and you should be able to start the car. Without dealing with all the bcm linking to fob and ecu and even changing the barrel. If you have already changed the barrel all you have to worry about is the fob.
Hope this helps