Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX V6 Series 2 Supercharged Alternator/Generator - Same as normal VX V6?

DARGAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Commodore
Hi just wondering if the generator for a VX V6 would be ok for my supercharged VX V6?
I called repco, he said there were two different types (supercharged being like $20-$30 more)
I asked him what the difference was and he said he didn't know and it didn't tell him?
He suggested maybe the belt thing could be a difference size, and mounts may be in different places?
Also would the voltage/amps be the same?

Just don't want to fork out for a brand new one and find it's not my problem and i've found a cheap second hang one but it just says it suits VX V6 Ecotec Engines. I'm a rookie, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Hi just wondering if the generator for a VX V6 would be ok for my supercharged VX V6?
I called repco, he said there were two different types (supercharged being like $20-$30 more)
I asked him what the difference was and he said he didn't know and it didn't tell him?
He suggested maybe the belt thing could be a difference size, and mounts may be in different places?
Also would the voltage/amps be the same?
Just don't want to fork out for a brand new one and find it's not my problem and i've found a cheap second hang one but it just says it suits VX V6 Ecotec Engines. I'm a rookie, so any advice would be helpful.

Thanks.
What's wrong with your alternator? You might just need a new voltage regulator.

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Try an RE61 OEX reg. Rear casings on the Alternators are different but I doubt the armature will be a failed unit