Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VXSS Update

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Cheers Uni. My wife bought me those black wheels for my birthday a year or so ago. They are Advanti Racing 18x8x45 offset (i think they were called Orbit). They used to have a machined face with grey
around the inside edge of the rim but never suited the car so had them painted professionally in 2 pack gloss black but i always wanted 19 inch SSV wheels so bought them
much to my wifes displeasure. Still have 70% tread on em and very good condition so dont know weather to sell or keep em?? Would like to put a link in my signature but cant work out how to
do it like some others have done. Just wanted the amps out of the way as use the boot a fair bit so nothing fancy for me.

PM you re: sig

Can sell, depends on the buyer but sould be able to get alot of the money back. Better then sitting round gathering dust.

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Cheers M8. Sig works, thanks... Yeah might be able to get around $700 or so for the Advanti wheels/tyres/nuts etc but most people want something for almost nothing these days otherwise will keep
em and alternate between the thunders and the Advanti wheels so they get some use....

arthy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Monaro CV8 V2 SII
nothing new with my car.. apart from spoiler holes being welded and a tank of fuel.. saving for cams.. at the moment.. your car is making decent enough power for the street..

Tapatalk! arthy23

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
nothing new with my car.. apart from spoiler holes being welded and a tank of fuel.. saving for cams.. at the moment.. your car is making decent enough power for the street..

Tapatalk! arthy23
Yeah your right there, those rwkw are plenty for me right now, good enough power and decent
on fuel. When ur ready for cam work consider Olsen automotive as hes done heaps of ls1 cam
upgrades at a good price and also excellent support after the job is done. Very reliable guy.

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
how are your amps mounted? screwed in or velcro or another way?
love the look mate, clean as!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
how are your amps mounted? screwed in or velcro or another way?
love the look mate, clean as!
Cheers auzzie, they are screwed in (screws came with the amps and have a hole in each corner). You gave me an idea with the velcro M8, would make it easier to remove if ever had to adjust
the settings etc but they are a bit weighty so dont know if velcro would hold when going over bumps etc. plus screws make it harder to steal them!!Wasnt after a showcar look, just
practical for everyday use and out of the way there..

auzzie_bradd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ss
Cheers auzzie, they are screwed in (screws came with the amps and have a hole in each corner). You gave me an idea with the velcro M8, would make it easier to remove if ever had to adjust
the settings etc but they are a bit weighty so dont know if velcro would hold when going over bumps etc. plus screws make it harder to steal them!!Wasnt after a showcar look, just
practical for everyday use and out of the way there..

Yeah, has a slight showcar look ;) haha, looks really good! yeah velcro im not too sure if it would hold seeing as its vertical
i used velcro to hold mine down flat, took a while to raelise just use the rough side and "stick" that to the carpet, instead of fighting with it when it wont stick both sides blah blah haha. top job :)

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
Looks good mate. Wouldnt mind a set of SSVs for my VX. Yours would look pretty sweet with a black roof and those rims! Good work but man!