Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY 15 inch alloys

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Hi all,

Looking at purchasing a set of 2nd VY 15 inch alloys for my sister's VX Executive for xmas ;-)

I have a set lined up, hence I fitted a new set of Speedy mags the other day to their car but they have no idea as to the value of them.

They are in quite good condition, very minor gutter rash on 2 rims (not noticeable unless you look hard), tyres are 2 on the wear markers and 2 have 30% tread but will end up being on steelies for skids. Being a tyre fitter tyres are readily available so I guess, what's the value of a set of alloys with no tyres and minor gutter marks?

Need to make them a fair offer. 200 to 400 bucks or thereabouts?

All help appreciated!

vyseriesII

The Blessed Hellride
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VyS S2 Blown
U wanna buy and stick 15" Alloy rims on a vy? I think my 17" are a tad too small.

200 to 400 sounds about right depending on how much gutter rash

Snitz92

LPG Sucks.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'15 RG Colorado 2.8TD M6
Oh c'mon read up, it's a stock as VX Exec. I don't want to spend lots of money, just that she mentioned she hates steelies and wheel trims so I thought these 15 inch alloys would be great. The gutter rash is very minor on two rims and none on the other two.

Anyone sold or bought a set and for how much?

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
If they are average quality rims and a decent brand I would just make them a low ball offer of around 35 dollars per wheel and see if they counter offer you. I would not pay more than 45 dollars per wheel and even that is generous.

If they are a cheapy brand then I would not pay over 35 dollars per wheel. These are used 15 inch rims and too few people would want used 15s now except maybe as a boot spare or to put them on a trailer.

If you are prepared to spend "up to" 400 dollars a set you would get very good quality used 17 x 8s for that (or for less money) and they will look 100% better. New tyre prices for 17s are reasonable. IMHO you are wasting your cash buying 15 inch units for a VY. But it's your money. Happy shopping.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Value of aftermarket 15"? nothing. Probably $50 a wheel max.

If they were factory GM alloys they'd be worth a bit more.

For $400 you can find VX SS 17" albeit with crap tyres or none at all.