Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Audio, Post pics of ur VY Headunit and SOundsytem

vy_storm

just another moderator...
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
The fascia was just the Aerpro stock standard one i believe. Install was done by Tonkins in the city. I've had enough of ripping apart dash boards over the years. Much easier to pay someone else to do it, that way they can fix the f*&k ups!

btw, heres a pic in flight.....

DSC_4443.jpg

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Oh, forgot to add, didn't bother to get the steering wheel controls hooked up. HU came with a remote anyway and hopefully it will become cheaper to hook up the steering wheel at a later stage.....

OZ38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 T5 SDN & VY V6 M35 UTE
ardseidel said:
The fascia was just the Aerpro stock standard one i believe. Install was done by Tonkins in the city. I've had enough of ripping apart dash boards over the years. Much easier to pay someone else to do it, that way they can fix the f*&k ups!

btw, heres a pic in flight.....

DSC_4443.jpg
Needs a lowering job, nice colour though. :p :D

Frandy

Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 VF SS-V M6 / '99 KN Laser
and the VY SS headlughts would make it look meaner, as well as the VY series II tail lights :D

vy_storm

Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.users.on.net
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6L
Frandy said:
and the VY SS headlughts would make it look meaner, as well as the VY series II tail lights :D

Yeah, have been keeping my eye out for a set of VY SS headlights and VZ tail lights on the cheap. The aftermarket Altezzas just look cheap IMHO. Anyone got any sources for genuine spares either new or 2nd hand and not too expensive?

RichardW

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a thread on teh Audio section
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=12376

I have replaced my HU also and kept the steering controls. You can by a converted from either a company called Stringer or AutoBarn. The part is called a CAT8. I had mine done by a professional, but it is very easy to do as I ended up getting my hands dirty and helped him out so I would know for next time.

Your new HU must have a remote for this to work as the CAT8 uses infra red to send the signal to the unit. I have a Pioneer DEH5750 works like a charm there is a very slight delay (approx 1 second) in using the controls but nothing that would annoy you.