Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY BCM Help

Joshuaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYI S
Hi everyone,

I've had an issue with my power windows for sometime now, where pressing them down will move it just a tiny bit. To get them down completely you must either keep hitting the down button or hold it down for 5 seconds before it moves.

I've seen others posting this problem and it seems to come down to the BCM (a clicking noise is made every time i use the window button or various other buttons to do with the BCM). I'm assuming a relay is broken and that I need to get the BCM replaced.

If I purchase a second hand BCM will I be able to just transfer it in or are there other steps involved? I don't really have the money to take it to Holden for them to charge me copious amounts on money for what seems like a simple job.

Thanks

dabs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 commodore
Hi josh
The replacement of the BCM is very simple just unplug old and plug in the new as far a it communicating with your car I'm not so sure if my memory servs me I think the BCM will have to be programmed to the car. Don't quote me but it won't hurt anything if you try a second hand BCM this computer is the Body Control Module and only runs thigs like electric seats,intermitten wipers,central locking ect. The ECU runs the immobilisation system in saying that your keys might not be able to unlock your car so try and see what happenens. If it doesn't work you will need to get it programmed and again not sure if a second hand BCM can be re-programmed.

Good luck and sorry that's the best I've got on this subject

Cheers