Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy Calais issues

Nikz82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Calais series 2
Hi my daughter has just purchased her first car it is a vy series 2 Calais. Initially it had srs airbag fault showing on dash but not it’s saying check engine and abs fault as well. It did have 20” rims on it but we change them to 17”. What could be the problem? Thanks in advance.

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Your best option is the get the car scanned so you will know what caused the DTC‘‘s
Your addy says your in Victoria,
What town or suburb ?,
If your local to me, your welcome to come and get the car scanned to see what DTC’s it has created,
That way you will have you a starting point to rectify the faults.
or
you can go to your local Supercheap store and they can also scan the car NBC and let you know what the codes are.

Nikz82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Calais series 2
Thank you for your reply I’m in Mildura Victoria. I will try and get it scanned over the weekend and go from there.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Thank you for your reply I’m in Mildura Victoria. I will try and get it scanned over the weekend and go from there.
Whatever you do, don’t drive to Melbourne or you'll get stuck in the quarantine zone :eek:
Better still, flee north :oops:

Nikz82

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Calais series 2
Hahaha no I love Melbourne but I’m not coming down anytime soon

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is the Road Blocks at Lara, Broadford, Coldstream that I know of.
Not sure about Calder Highway, or Princes Highway towards Gipplsand.
However, trucks are not stopped, and they could be a super spreaders, as they deal with a lot of people.

Rules for some, and rules for others.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
... However, trucks are not stopped, and they could be a super spreaders, as they deal with a lot of people.

Rules for some, and rules for others.
Wasn‘t it a truck driver that spread the Wuhan flue Melbourne Flu SARS-COV2 to Sydney‘s Crossroads Hotel :eek:

As for rules for some, careful what we wish for as trucks deliver out food to the supermarkets where we can buy it:rolleyes:

krusing

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wasn‘t it a truck driver that spread the Wuhan flue Melbourne Flu SARS-COV2 to Sydney‘s Crossroads Hotel :eek:

As for rules for some, careful what we wish for as trucks deliver out food to the supermarkets where we can buy it:rolleyes:

I am not saying local trucks,
saying regional & interstate Trucks that pass through the ring of steel check points,
they deal with a lot of people, and their employer should make it part of OH&S should see that they are tested, so they comply with each states standards.

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I am not saying local trucks,
I and saying regional & interstate Trucks that pass through the ring of steel check points,
they deal with a lot of people, and there employer should make it part of OH&S should see that they are tested, so they comply with each states standards.
I didn’t imply local truck driver, but as it turns out, the chap that spread the lurgy within crossroads hotel worked for a freight company in Melbourne and wasn’t actually a truck drive... my error...

But keeping COVID at bay is very very hard... A COVID test means little other than providing some statistical data... You could get a test now and in theory you must self isolate for two weeks, even after getting a negative result a day or so after the test. However, I doubt may actually do self isolate, so they may then go out and be near an infected person so pick up the lurgy. But they’d be sure they are negative due to their test results of a few days ago... Reality may be that they are now an infected sack of puss spreading the love... :eek:

So testing can simply generate complacency. I doubt any trucking company OH&S would suggest their staff should be tested daily... Heck they don’t even test doctors and nurses or other health staff daily. They wait for someone to get sick and then contact trace (poorly)...

The only way to minimise infection is social distancing (5 meters or more depending on activity, not 1.5 meters as we are told) or better still social isolation... Instead, the government plays statistical games with peoples lives while spruking opening up the economy way too early.

The next few weeks will tell how far the outbreak spreads through Sydney & NSW but according to the feds, parliment sessions must be suspended for risk of spreading the disease while schools and other businesses can be open as normal.... arsehats the lot of them.

As for lockdown, they must be hard like what was done to those housing commission towers in Melbourne... not wishy washy exemptions and people crowding the big box retailers for a new flat panel TV. Ring of steal? ha, only when we see soldiers with guns...

As is, we are at the thin end of the wedge on our way to US style infection rates...

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
sounds like my Calais when I got it. Airbag & check engine errors.

the SRS issue is common when the clockspring fails. the Supercheap scan might help with this. I had airbag/SRS lights and my stereo buttons play up which pointed straight at the clockspring being the issue.

my check engine was O2 sensors, again super common reason for check engine, and the scan will give you the codes for that.