Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY Calais Reverse Parking Sensors

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
hi guys i know theres a few threads on this but none really helped me get to the root of my problem,

basically the cars reverse park sensors never worked previous owner said they didnt work during his ownership either, it does have a tow kit and i assume its interfering with the reverse park sensors, it also does have an aftermarket head unit.

basically so far ive disconnected the trailer loom, all the existing plugs down the side are plugged in

heres a few photos 10933147_10153017983606100_329378135_n.jpg10933350_10153017983501100_148666337_n.jpg10934191_10153017983421100_980941790_n.jpg

cheers fil

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Check that the sensor controller and speaker under the rear window parcel tray is connected.
It may have been disconnected when the tow bar was fitted to stop it sounding continuously.
You need to remove the back seat squabs to remove the parcel tray cover, exposes the rear subs and the reverse controller/speaker.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
What's the back seat squabs if you don't mind haha?

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
There's a connector on the passenger side of the boot that you can disconnect if you don't want to use the parking sensors. Pull back the side liner and it's next to the plug for the rear lights, make sure it is connected. From your picks it looks like your looking at the drivers side and I don't believe that wiring has anything to do with it. Tow bar shouldn't cause any problems cause in the manual it says if a tow bar is fitted then you need to take it back to the dealer to adjust the sensors to compensate.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
passenger side has a connect but no plug for it, it's the same colour wire and colour connector as the one on the drivers side that used to a part of the trailer loom,

Surf wagon I think I under stand what you mean now, do I have to take off the parcel tray ? Does that involve taking out the rear seats ?

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
The rear back rest are easy to remove.
Excuse me if I'm not accurate has been a long time since I lifted my parcel shelf.
Remove the rear seat base 1st and you will see a bolt holding the bottom of the back rest.
Remove the bolt and then lift the back rest upwards and away from the chassis, then you can access the parcel shelf.
The beeper unit is under the parcel shelf at least mine is.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
I got to the beeper after doing what you told me to and its all plugged in all the connectors have clips into them so don't know where it's gone wrong

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
So the whole loom and wiring going to the beeper looks fine, I have a hunch that the beeper itself may be broken, my wrecker has offered me one for $10 but not sure if I can be bothered ripping everything out and plugging it in to find it not working again

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
passenger side has a connect but no plug for it, it's the same colour wire and colour connector as the one on the drivers side that used to a part of the trailer loom,

QUOTE]

Is there a connector coming from the rear bar and nothing from the loom towards it or is there a plug from the loom along with the taillight one but nothing from the rear bar?

The Calais I have in my yard has the connection for the sensors near the taillight loom on the passenger side, In the manual it says this plug is for when towing a trailer and to disconnect it thus turning off the sensors and to re connect it when not towing. There should be a loom coming off the beeper unit towards the taillight, I would be checking this area out a bit further.

super6vt1998

Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII L67 Calais A4
yeah mines all on the drivers side, wiring loom for the trailer and all is on the drivers side in and then it leads through down the drivers side up into the parcel shelf into the beeper