Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vy clubsport fuel Sender unit replacement

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
if just the sender part is changeable looks like it should be able to swap to fix issue
Excuse me for not being knowledgeable on all things cars, but is the fuel sender unit different to the fuel pump unit...

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
VT module u could get the sender separate but from VY on it only lists the whole module so i think its just the whole thing to swap it but not sure if holden do just the sender part at all, also best to stay genuine as the senders on any aftermarket modules can read different

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
That's what my mechanic says '' STAY WITH GENUINE HOLDEN PARTS ''...but now he's

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Fit a S2 pump and sender unit to match the S2 dash cluster means no programming required to make fuel gauge work.
Why did it need an auto elec to install a dash cluster? Its literally 4/5 screws and 1 plug.
Tech2 was all that was required to change the text so there would be a bit of a cost there though tech2 clone units are only about $500.

Zarko Dimitrov

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy clubsport
Fit a S2 pump and sender unit to match the S2 dash cluster means no programming required to make fuel gauge work.
Why did it need an auto elec to install a dash cluster? Its literally 4/5 screws and 1 plug.
Tech2 was all that was required to change the text so there would be a bit of a cost there though tech2 clone units are only about $500.
I Have a series 2 dash cluster with a series 1 fuel sender unit...auto elec said he could fiddle with a tech 2 and fix it with no new parts..now 2 auto elec's and $250 later..both peanuts couldn't fix it and both say I need a series 2 fuel sender unit...SMH.

Last edited: