Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY S Superchargered / VZ SV6

svsex

big blue
Reaction score
Members Ride
190 sv6
it depends me and mate tested to see if my ute cud beat his brand new ve sv6, i got like a car length and kept pulling

depends what condition there in, power to weight ratio ect

just thought ide might add something, im driving an vz sv6 5 speed auto, me mate has a vx supercharged calais, weve had a few runs and on a standing start he will pull up quiker, wud be the abundance of low end torque but on a rolling start at around 35 kays we are pretty much dead on, also wiht vz have a better auto, in the higher models anyways, u gain an extra cog and its a little smarter when it down shifts, holds gears and so on. i do like the 3.8 but i think the alloytec is much more flexible, this is in my own opinion and also the better fuel economy isnt bad, i manage about 10 - 11 litrles per 100 k around town if u drive like a granny and 6.8 on the open roads.

tattoowrx

Reaction score
woouldnt bother with the alloytec, the supercharged ecotec has alot of potential....

pauly.d28

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SV6
You can drive a turbocharged or supercharged vehicle on your p's but it has to be less than 100kw/tonne for coupes/sports variants or a family car (i.e four door sedan not a 2 door coupe/sports variant) and have no more than 125kw/tonne this link explains what cars you can and can't drive on your probationary licence and the database of all vehicles permitted and prohibited

Lower performance turbo or supercharged vehicles : VicRoads

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
Ive owned 2 vz sv6s auto and manual.
Personally I would go the vy and save my pennies and convert it to manual. Or better still vy supercharged calais and convert to manual.
Vz looks better but the alloytec is a let down