Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VY s1 vs s2 fuel gauges reverse.

4ONTHETREEVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 2 ute
Hi all,
I've been reading through all the similar topics posts but need some more clarity.
I've read that a series 1 gauge will read backwards in a s2 vy.

I've installed a vy ute tank into my vs ute,( seen a few online done now but no one gets the gauge to read by the looks). Currently the vs ute gauge reads.
40ohms full 270ish empty
The vy gauge reads opposite at 250ohms empty and 40 full.
I've read the sedans and wagon's vy series 2 should be the same as the vs, lower ohms full and higher empty.
I can't find any information on if the vy ute changed the polarity of the gauge with series two or if the ute kept the series 1 the whole time anyone have info on this.?
Did the sedan, wagon tanks change shape or did they put the float on the other side of the fuel pump/ tank to reverse the polarity or was it all done in the ecu. ?
I don't want to bend the float to the other side as it will fowl on the tank etc.
Pfa
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230421_131807_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230421_131807_Gallery.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 93

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Hi all,
I've been reading through all the similar topics posts but need some more clarity.
I've read that a series 1 gauge will read backwards in a s2 vy.

I've installed a vy ute tank into my vs ute,( seen a few online done now but no one gets the gauge to read by the looks). Currently the vs ute gauge reads.
40ohms full 270ish empty
The vy gauge reads opposite at 250ohms empty and 40 full.
I've read the sedans and wagon's vy series 2 should be the same as the vs, lower ohms full and higher empty.
I can't find any information on if the vy ute changed the polarity of the gauge with series two or if the ute kept the series 1 the whole time anyone have info on this.?
Did the sedan, wagon tanks change shape or did they put the float on the other side of the fuel pump/ tank to reverse the polarity or was it all done in the ecu. ?
I don't want to bend the float to the other side as it will fowl on the tank etc.
Pfa
Thanks.
Vy2 sender is reversed to vy1 and prior. The cluster in a VY can be programmed to work with either signal type. You’d need to find an interface if you’re wanting to make a later model sender work with a different vehicle.

Reactions: Lex

4ONTHETREEVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 2 ute
Vy2 sender is reversed to vy1 and prior. The cluster in a VY can be programmed to work with either signal type. You’d need to find an interface if you’re wanting to make a later model sender work with a different vehicle.
I currently have a series 1 I think. So if I purchase a series 2 vy ute fuel pump moduel it should read true besides the 20ohm difference when full ?

4ONTHETREEVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 2 ute
Have done some more investigation and found a vy2 and vz fuel level sensor gauge and can see the resistive strip will have least resistance at a full tank where as my series 1 level sender you can see the resistive strip on the pump works the opposite. So this means the series two restive strip should work fine with the VN - VS gauge.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 111
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 126