Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] VY steering wheel conversion for VT-VX

mayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VTII
Great mod mate, i just did it on my vx with your instructions and it was probably the easiest thing i've ever done on the car, many thanks...

Is the handling/steering of your car any different?

madcat vxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S Pack
no not really, feels weird for the first 5 minutes but then you get used to it...

mayes

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VTII
sweet thanks mate, will give this a crack

boomnvn

SOLDER, NO CRIMP.
Reaction score
Website
www.KungFuKustoms.com
Members Ride
VT Exec S1 V6
Is there a VY wheel available without the steering wheel radio controls? my VT doesn't have them and not keen on having them there unless I can make them work...

perkoracin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
sorry to bring this up but im new to this site and im just asking is there a chance i could put a Aftermarket Steering wheel like a race 1 with no Airbag in it on it as im getting a vx commodore needs a bit of work as it was left on road so i get it for 500 bucks needs 4 wheels,new windscreen but otherwise its good No dents wel only a cupple ones im 14 so i ge t2 years to do a littile work and then i get my Ls :( then i can do a littile bit of work by law then ima save up for a 350chev carbi and turbo 700 and and doing a lot of work to the chev and shift kit and 3800-4200rpm stall and gonna put in a full roll cage and Racing harnes/Racing seats and etc Full custom Dash with auto metergages and gonna get as mutch of a drag car look but still street ligial as i can at the same time so i can drive it on the street and wanna get rid of the airbag if can

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
sorry to bring this up but im new to this site and im just asking is there a chance i could put a Aftermarket Steering wheel like a race 1 with no Airbag in it on it as im getting a vx commodore needs a bit of work as it was left on road so i get it for 500 bucks needs 4 wheels,new windscreen but otherwise its good No dents wel only a cupple ones im 14 so i ge t2 years to do a littile work and then i get my Ls :( then i can do a littile bit of work by law then ima save up for a 350chev carbi and turbo 700 and and doing a lot of work to the chev and shift kit and 3800-4200rpm stall and gonna put in a full roll cage and Racing harnes/Racing seats and etc Full custom Dash with auto metergages and gonna get as mutch of a drag car look but still street ligial as i can at the same time so i can drive it on the street and wanna get rid of the airbag if can

Won't be legal. Have to retain an airbag...

1dvsbstd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES II 2016

you sir have made my day
hahah

commoVT

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT
hi guys, abit of a thread dig, but has anyone attempted this before? and was it very difficult to do, im thinking about giving it a crack...

AdamGardner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
Can anyone who has done it also please let me know how long it took to do? A full day job?