Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vy stopped running

PRAVX II S

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
if there is no spark then its the ignition side of things. Like CAS,DFI module,Ignition coils.

mtp13

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy commodore ute
its looking like cas atm thanks every 1 for your help ill keep you posted feeling lost without my toy,the kluger is just not cutting it lol

retal052

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
My missus has the same issue, VY supercharged.

But it starts again when you reset the computer. Any ideas??

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
mate if your not getting spark it sounds like a pin is lose in the DFI connector to the coil pack... had this happen to my vy the other week

just disconnect it and try and tighten the pins up and you should be good to go

retal052

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It stopped completely on the freeway tonight. We reset the computer 3 times, and still no gd. Sometimes it would cough like it wanted to start, then it would die. Pulled the belt off the supercharger and it started!....weird.

Got to the top of the onramp and....dead again, then I d/c the battery again, reconnected it and it started again. Managed to drive it home giving it a beating, it was running fine.

Am at my wits end with this car. Thinking about replacing the CAS, Fuel filter and or leads (not that I think leads will fix it stopping). All this **** started happening after I did the last service oil, filter, plugs, and coolant flush.

I was beginning to think it might be the computer cutting the engine due to poor fuel quality. We have been using 98 octane ever since the 10lb boost upgrade. When the engine cuts, there is very little in the way of a sign that it will cut. It splutters like once then cuts completely.

Any ideas??