Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz alloytec otr intake

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Kiddo more than one tuner has recommended an intake, it's part of the process of seeing gains from your car. If you want more power you have to have more air coming in, then more coming out ( with aftermarket headers and exhaust) it has a quite noticeable difference compared to the stock setup and I've been told I could get up to 30rwkws from an otr, extractors, full exhaust and a tune

exactly , think how hard it would be to go for a run with a sock in your gob and peg on your nose , you'd soon be left gasping , a car is much the same , allowing it breath easier makes a big difference .

Svz07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz holden ute
Hey matt it's from CAPA performance they're $495, have you got an intake at the moment or is it just a stock setup?

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Just got a Growler Intake at the moment.
I'm not sure an OTR will make a MASSIVE difference but the Growler looks just as restrictive as the stock intake not and takes minimal air from being the passenger headlight.
OTR would reduce the distance between the intake and the Throttle Body and allow much cooler air immediately through the grill (larger intake surface area too) so surely would be better even if it is a minimal?
Wondering too how much it would change the sound? The growler sounds good and obviously gets it name with good reason but does the OTR sound good too?

Svz07

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 svz holden ute
You can hear the OTR a bit but people have told me you can hear it when I drive past them, not a lot in the car though