Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VE] VZ and VE Alloytec PCV Problem/Fix

Commowar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz calais 3.6
New thread begun. Sorry got carried away, I was just following the natural progression of this thread ;-). You posted a sump pic and got us all scared so now I've gotta follow suit haha. Cheers

mickwebs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina Wagon
great thread thanks just finished doing mine on the VZ Wagan I brought last week totally blocked. the manifold inlets had red grit had to use a drill bit in my hand to get it out. oil in the intake. It was rough idling hopefully it will be better maybe chains next. only done 233000 km's this forum is great for all the fixes.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
I did this on a timing chain job I did recently. The customer said the car has never felt better.

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
just did my PCV mod.
Was not blocked but restricted in one of the holes.
Was dirtier than I expected at 172000 k with me doing regular full synthetic changes at or before 7500 interval since 60k ownership. I guess that first 60k is a blank though

Glad I did it. Was very careful on the drill and took long time for the top hole but the bottom holes were quick. 7/64and 5/64 bits used.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I am going to have a go at doing this, and have ordered the part as shown in @scaredyet's post # 58 ......... told them that the part # referred to a Chev Camaro V6 pcv valve. (which is easily available in the USA)

I just picked up the Fitting PCV from Holden. It's a Genuine part (GM# 12583384) Made in Canada. I'm not sure if it's the revised part with the bigger holes.
I Paid $40 from Holden Spare Parts in Sydney. So you can definitely get that part from here without having to buy the whole cover.

The Cross6 is a May'05 build, and the Holden parts rep showed me what came up when he put the VIN to their computer.
Yep, I should buy the lot costing $$$$ o_O , and the parts diagram showed a PCV valve which looked a bit like this ........

Fuelmiser PCV Valve Fuelmiser - OES - PCV-009

and on looking at mine on the engine, it does seem to resemble that, and a bit of twisting and pulling to remove it seems dangerous. The flange seems to be inset into the cam cover.

Do I have something 'different'. Are the PCV valves all the same, or could early built engines prior to the timing chain fiasco use a different PCV valve.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I am going to have a go at doing this, and have ordered the part as shown in @scaredyet's post # 58 ......... told them that the part # referred to a Chev Camaro V6 pcv valve. (which is easily available in the USA)

The Cross6 is a May'05 build, and the Holden parts rep showed me what came up when he put the VIN to their computer.
Yep, I should buy the lot costing $$$$ o_O , and the parts diagram showed a PCV valve which looked a bit like this ........

Fuelmiser PCV Valve Fuelmiser - OES - PCV-009

and on looking at mine on the engine, it does seem to resemble that, and a bit of twisting and pulling to remove it seems dangerous. The flange seems to be inset into the cam cover.

Do I have something 'different'. Are the PCV valves all the same, or could early built engines prior to the timing chain fiasco use a different PCV valve.
We have an ‘04 VZ as well, it is the same old PCV in the cam cover as all others.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.