Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ AWD RANGE: Crewman Cross6 is HERE!

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Who cares what the plug is for, does everyone have to know everything?

dorteerts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Cross 6 Crewman
Looking at that I can say that it definitely doesnt look strong enough for any form of recovery. I am thinking after seeing that, it could either be a spot for a factory bull bar (not nudge bar). Or possibly for spotlights. When you drop the bumper whats on the other side?

There is nothing behind the bumper as such. I don't think it could be used for spotlights or a bull bar as there is only one plug/hole in the bar. It is on the passenger' side only below the left headlight.

dorteerts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Cross 6 Crewman
:hmmm:I want to know because I am curious! For some reason it was put there and if you look at the plug some thought has been given to its design. It is not a simple "blanking plug". I have taken a photo of the front and back of the removed plug.

Attachments

• DSCF0603.jpg
    DSCF0603.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 486
  • DSCF0602.jpg
    DSCF0602.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 493

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Then why not just ring holden and ask?

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
Our Adventra has a thread in there for a piss weak recovery hook.

Maybe Holden got lazy and stopped threading them?

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
Our Adventra has a thread in there for a piss weak recovery hook.

Maybe Holden got lazy and stopped threading them?

A lot of cars have got hidden threads for ringlet type hooks to allow the car to be shackled down when on a boat in transit. A lot of the time they are not intended as recovery points but as a tie down point type of thing. In saying that, I have no idea where the cross6 is produced and may not of gone anywhere near a boat! I think they are sometimes referred to as "Transit Points".

I worked at the Port of Brisbane for a number of years and this is one of the very few things I learnt!

Last edited:

dorteerts

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Cross 6 Crewman
Why!

Then why not just ring holden and ask?

Why have a forum at all if we should just ring GMH everytime we have a question?:hmmm:
I mean it has only been 5yrs 8mths since the original question was asked! If you look at the post from 05/03/2006 you will note that GMH was asked and they referred it to a dealer. I asked a service manager at a Holden Dealer the other day and he initially thought it was covering a tow point? When I took off the plug and showed him nothing was behind it he just gave me a blank look and said something like "well the Astra's had one". He asked some other service personnel and no one knew.

I guess it could be a shared bumper with the Adventra without the threaded hole underneath. Though it seems the bumper was different if you look at the photos below. You can see the round "plug" below the passenger side headlight.
11holdenM_m.jpgcross6.jpg

Slipper

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6 A5
holy smokes they are bringing out new crewmans???

illlusion

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY10
It is a recovery point but u had to pay $450 from the dealer to get the threaded eyelet to go in there and there was a recall a few years back to strengthen the bar as it was too weak i have never taken mine off but ill have a look tonight

CRUSTIN

P-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S 175 Ute
Slipper:2022446 said:
holy smokes they are bringing out new crewmans???

Nah mate this is an old thread, 2005, at that time the crewman was new.