Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais 2005 V6 ESP \ TCS

heyitsEnricoPallazzo

Big block Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ A4 Saloon
There is the possibility with software upgrades the animations where deleted.

I for one would not like an animation appearing and beep sounding when you are in the middle of emergency manouver.

Please press 'mode' before you crash....

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
There is the possibility with software upgrades the animations where deleted.

I for one would not like an animation appearing and beep sounding when you are in the middle of emergency manouver.

Please press 'mode' before you crash....

Thanks for your reply. I will question Holden and ask if this is the case.

Eath4306

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais V6 / Mazda BT-50
Kris, have you had a diagnostic check done in any of your services? That was the fix my mechanic suggested. I dunno if it's an update or reset...

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
Kris, have you had a diagnostic check done in any of your services? That was the fix my mechanic suggested. I dunno if it's an update or reset...

I have had two Holden Dealerships do a diagnostics check on it. The driver console gives no warnings\ errors. However, the dealership that said my TC is not working found and reset an error that probably came up once stating the airgap between rear sensors was not right. However, they reset the error and no errors have been reported in the last 2.5 weeks. The second dealership rescanned and had no errors, test drove the car and said ESP is working. I drive the car, tested on dry roads and grass and get significant wheelspin ie the wheels just keep spinning until I take the foot off the pedal.

All so confusing and annoying

Eath4306

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kris. I had my car out in the pouring rain at 2am, so I did a couple of tests to see if the TC was actually working.
With the 'ESP on' according to the screen, I floored it and the car kept it's revs <2k, cutting in with a moderate amount of slip. Nothing came up on the screen.
With the 'ESP off' according to the screen, same deal- but the revs went right up and just started sliding everywhere. No warnings- didn't expect any though.
I'm thinking that it's working a bit? - but same problem about no warnings.

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
On my vz v6 calais i dont get any warning when tc is activated, tc is incorporated with esp. However if at speed in the wet powersliding or turning really hard esp cuts in, straightens the car, slows it down and displays a warning message for the duration but dissapears immediately after. Go to a car park in the wet, grass area, or large dirt area and at about 40kmh hook the wheel hard to one side and you should notice esp kick in, then do it a couple more times and glance at the dash during esp operation. To test tc. On a dirt road or grass , come to a stop then foot flat to the floor. Or a wet road, preferably uphill for it to work better do the same thing. I take no responsibility if your driving ability isnt at my standard and you crash. :p

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I sorta did the same test. Thanks for that!
I too achieved similar results but cause of traffic upfront I couldnt properly test with ESP off.
Next time I get into my car Ill see if I can get the back to slip with ESP on and then off in the wet. My tires are pretty sticky even in the wet and I guess that could be the other thing.

Do you think your ESP is working or are you sure it is not?
I may need to go test drive another similar car and check this thing out.
I think Holden may be inspecting my car again within the next couple of weeks. Ill let you know how that goes too.

:)

keeny

keeny
Reaction score
Members Ride
BAGGED 04 VY SS S2 HBD MANUAL UTE
you could always do a foot on (come to a complete stop, left foot hard on brake, then quickly push your right foot on the accelerator flat to the floor)in the wet with esp on you will get a small amount of slip and the car will start to creep forward, then turn esp off, with foot hard on accelerator and brake wheels will spin pretty much instantly and you shouldnt go anywhere, as soon as you notice this back off the accelerator, then the brake , yet again do this in a car park (with common sense) and i take no responsibility if you crash ect. lol.

Eath4306

Reaction score
Members Ride
Do you think your ESP is working or are you sure it is not?

:)

I think it is working, definitely. The two results are miles apart. You might notice it too... I drive my Mum's VY Berlina a fair bit and it has a really quick-to-act Traction Control system and warning, hence why I think I'm noticing it a fair bit. But yeah- definitely taking it to Holden when I get a chance...

KrisHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
you could always do a foot on (come to a complete stop, left foot hard on brake, then quickly push your right foot on the accelerator flat to the floor)in the wet with esp on you will get a small amount of slip and the car will start to creep forward, then turn esp off, with foot hard on accelerator and brake wheels will spin pretty much instantly and you shouldnt go anywhere, as soon as you notice this back off the accelerator, then the brake , yet again do this in a car park (with common sense) and i take no responsibility if you crash ect. lol.

Thanks for that idea. Been really busy atm and havnt had a chance to do much testing. May leave it to Holden to sort out and then Ill sort them out when Iv got free time I guess for messing me around. Can only hope all is good if no startup errors are being shown :)