Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Calais binnacle fitment (VZ R8 Binnacle pod)

Cappa1995

Calais Club Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Hey guys,
I know this has probably been asked a few times, but all I have found have been in regards to wiring the gauges in. I would like to know whether the binnacle pod is a direct fitment to my dash (I do have CC, and the flip top compartment). If anyone could help me, and provide instructions on how to fit the binnacle pod to the dash, that would be greatly appreciated.

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I did mine on a ss ute with the flip up compartment so im guessing it would be the same , for the wiring in I think its like 5 wires you just have to splice into the loom behind the dash real easy as it came with the loom presorted colour coded and labeled so was just a matter of matching it up .

Cutting the dash was the hardest , I first pulled the lid off by undoing the hinges then it sort of leaves you with the bare open top , then you have to cut out some notches for the binnacle to sit in . its all a matter of measuring twice and cutting once with a dremel . Then I used some paddle pop sticks to prop up the binnacle at the back . And used some double sided tape and bluetack to hold it in place .