Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Clubsport

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Okay good news, I passed on my 3rd attempt, but it really failed and he rigged the figure :D
Now it makes me think twice about putting the whole system back on, but holy **** 90db is quiet!!

anyone know much about varex mufflers?

and if horsley driver is near bossley park then yeah it is :)

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
The guy I was speaking to said its easy for cops to notice it? what extractors and cats are you running?
Iv got a verex on my ss best exhaust for being on ps with a v8 went passed pits on it. It actually stupid how quiet it is but saves me heeps not the best exhaust note but still worth it.

Harris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
Dpe extrators and hiflows. I hid all the wirering and went into the back the cig lighter so i could still use it normally. they only going to see if it they get under the car and look ontop of muffler but its still hard to see they would never pick it.

DSLXIK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7l
haha yeh it is, i remember seeing it and just wishing i had the cash for it

only problem with Varex mufflers, is that i've hear that it's an instant epa fail in NSW

millsyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Its been awhile since I last posted on here and nothings changed about the car, anyone recommend a good exhaust place to get my whole system put back on and roughly how much ill be paying? ill be supplying everything

Also should I just keep my 3 inch X-force exhaust and get a varex muffler or just go back to 2.5 (just want to stay out of trouble from cops as much as I can)

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I use to have a varex muffler. They are absolute rubbish.
Soldering inside the motors were near non existent. Had to redo it myself, and the connections are tiny.
The insides also fell to bits and it sounded tinny from new.

Not sure if the quality has changed in the past 3 years though. But my mate bought a pair for his VE senator.
The soldering in one had to be redone straight away.

I don't think xforce and good quality can be used in the same sentence.

Verse

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S 5spd, VT S2
Love the colour. One of my favorites Holden brought out.
I'd personaly not go near a Varex. Hear too much bad to even out the good. NAAF might be able to sort something for you in terms of exhaust.
And there is no way to get a exhaust passed 90dB Engineered. Once its passed 90 it's a no go no matter what. But then again how many of us have exhausts at 90 anyway.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
My cammed clubby has a 2.5' manta from Naaf. Sounds great and don't get any trouble from the boys in blue.