Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Custom Fibreglass Sub Box Set-Up Thoughts

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
So i've now got my Custom Fibreglass Sub boxes for my VZ and am now deciding what i am going to set them up with, I have briefly looked at sub pairs available on ebay and have found this deal on a pair of kicker subs,

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

Whichever subs i go with i'd like to get the matching brand amp, so if i were to go with these subs i was thinking this amp?

($298) Kicker ZX400.1 ZX Mono Block Amplifier - ZX4001

Theres my thoughts so now i want to hear what you think and would do if you were in my position, after looking at what i could do with these deals i'v set my budget at $600 give or take a bit.

IMG_0265.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

Nic92

Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Members Ride
2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 9
if you go with them subs, you are going to want to get 4 gauge wiring and an amp that is double the power of the 400.1

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Not a fan of the kicker subs personally. That amp is way underpowered to run 2 subs. Whatever you choose, make sure you line the inside walls of those enclosures with sound deadener. They'll sound so much better.

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6
Hmmm seems like il definitely need a bigger amp. Linz that amp looks alright but not keen on getting stuff from America. Ha thanks mate lol, once i get organised with what i want il need your professional assistance when installing it ;-).

What would you guys buy on this sorta budget?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmmm seems like il definitely need a bigger amp. Linz that amp looks alright but not keen on getting stuff from America. Ha thanks mate lol, once i get organised with what i want il need your professional assistance when installing it ;-).

What would you guys buy on this sorta budget?

With subs, it comes down to what you like the sound of. Go out and listen to a few. As far as amps go, in your price range you can't go past either Jaycar 1X1000wrms or option audio 1X1200wrms. Both of these are under about $350 I think.

Crawf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ SV6

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
Someone tell me if I'm wrong, but if he got 2 of these subs Free Shipping - Pioneer TS-W309 12" Single Voice Coil Sub - 1000W - Brand New | eBay

and wired them like this with the pioneer amp in the previous post (GM-D8500M) Google Image Result for http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/ca/learningcenter/car/subwoofer_wiring/2SVC_4-ohm_mono.jpg

wouldn't that be perfect? It would make 600 watts, at 2 ohms, which is what the amp is rated at.. Only thing is they are SVC subs, but it seems to work better than any DVC without having a 1 ohm stable amp, from what i can see..?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Not a fan of the kicker subs personally. That amp is way underpowered to run 2 subs. Whatever you choose, make sure you line the inside walls of those enclosures with sound deadener. They'll sound so much better.

No they wont

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride

No they wont

Really? Please explain why not. By adding deadener, your adding mass to what is probably only 3mm thick fibre glass. More mass, less flex and vibration.