Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Fuel Gauge Problem

V

VX_KN079

If your car is only taking 58.8 litres to refill and you reckon it's BONE DRY then there's some issues somewhere mate. I own a VX, my Dad owns a WK Statesman and my best mate a VZ S Ute. ALL of these vehicles have a 75 litre fuel tank and ALL of us put at LEAST 65 litres in when we fill up. I have once put 72 litres in but that was running on empty for 2 days...

If you're only taking 58.8 litres then you have a fuel pickup issue or something like that preventing the car from using fuel that is still in the tank, Because I can tell you for CERTAIN that at 58.8 litres used, there is still at least 16 litres left....

R

RKZ234

"HOLDEN MEANS A GREAT DEAL (OF STRESS, ANGST, SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, ANXIETY AND HARDSHIP) TO AUSTRALIA."

Isn't it an apalling shame, that the Holden/Dave Hughes advertising campaign didn't see fit to inform the unsuspecting public (target audience) of the itallec type. (deficiencies in their product)

Isn't it also amazing how Dave Hughes will so easilly sell out for a freebie Monaro? For a bloke who was once struggling on the Dole in Warnambool (Vic) for 7 yrs, Dave Hughes is so very hasty to sell off his credibility isn't he?

Holden has made fools of so many Australians by conning us into making their vehicles are desirable based on the uneducated and unqualified diatribe of a "comedian."

Holden has ensured that the joke is on the Australian public and they are getting away with it!

Whatever happened to truth in advertising?

WHERE THE HELL ARE THE LEMON LAWS, THIS COUNTRY SO DESPERATELY NEEDS?

Here we are in 2006, yet we are more than 15yrs behind California in (amongst many other US states) the area of new car consumer protection laws.

If GM can comply with stringent laws in the US, why the hell do Holden get away with blatant refusal to comply the laws (which at best can be described as grossly inadequate by comparison) in Australia?

If Holden aren't in bed with/being protected by our Governments, (which they clearly are) then who is responsible for policing Holden's contempt for customers who spend tens of thousands of dollars on faulty Holden vehicles and why are Holden allowed to get away with repeated breaches of the Trade Practices Act?

Last edited by a moderator:

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Tank capacity

VX_KN079 said:
If your car is only taking 58.8 litres to refill and you reckon it's BONE DRY then there's some issues somewhere mate. I own a VX, my Dad owns a WK Statesman and my best mate a VZ S Ute. ALL of these vehicles have a 75 litre fuel tank and ALL of us put at LEAST 65 litres in when we fill up. I have once put 72 litres in but that was running on empty for 2 days...

If you're only taking 58.8 litres then you have a fuel pickup issue or something like that preventing the car from using fuel that is still in the tank, Because I can tell you for CERTAIN that at 58.8 litres used, there is still at least 16 litres left....

VZ Ute specifications handbook says tank capacity is 70 litres

V

VX_KN079

old mans ute said:
VZ Ute specifications handbook says tank capacity is 70 litres

Hmmm... Interesting. My mate's VZ S Ute manual says 75 litres.

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
I just checked the manual for my 2005 VZ Storm Ute. It says 70 litres.

old mans ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S Ute
Gauge on Easter Holidays

Filled up today DTE 0 and took 54 litres. If I accept my 59 litre tank this leavews me 5 litres emergency and i think that is reasonable.

But have done 82 kms at 10.1/100 and the gauge is reading half full.

So much fo the FIXED software