Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Holden Commodore Workshop Manual Question

Pete6000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra SX6 2006
Maybe give shacks Holden a go. See if they will accommodate.
Even though there is a part number for the book, I dont think normally they would allow the general public to purchase the manual. Youd have to be a mate of the parts department to get a bit of leeway I would have thought.

What details are you after exactly for your Adventra?

Thanks TazzI,

I'll be down that way (Shacks in Fremantle as I recall) in a few weeks time for some "chassis realignment" surgery on my own back. Consequently, will have a bit of time, while in recovery mode, to catch up with life in the "big smoke". In the mean time, will checkout other available options and see if anyone may have a DVD that is no longer required.

As mentioned earlier, the DVD is more a matter of having the correct information via a reputable source when required, particularly as the Adventra is somewhat off mainstream, in spite of having parts in common with quite a few other vehicles. People often comment on forums where they, travelling away from home, have been told that their vehicle (Adventra & others) is unfamiliar to the resident mechanic (fear of the unknown), or they have been given incorrect information, or worse, poor workmanship and "repair". It's at these times that having a source of quality information is a jewel. Another concern is that the knowledge pool reduces more quickly as these vehicles become less common.

I can really say that the Adventra, with its range of stability and safety options, is a great vehicle for the type of driving here - single car width roads, when they are bitumen; onto the gravel shoulder for passing and overtaking, and quite a few unsealed/gravel roads. Western Power (electricity infrastructure provider) calls this town "end of line", partly because, before the mining re-commenced, anything East of here was/is pastoral country, and homesteads - those that still exist, - relied on there own generators for power.

I feel safe driving this vehicle; my Mother, who is now 87yrs, feels safe and comfortable in it, even on the longer drives to Perth - about 4hrs. We don't do the return trip the same day any more!! So, we'd really like the car to stay in good condition for as long as possible. If I know what needs to be done and how it should be done, at least I've got a chance of making sure that the work is done properly. The outcome of the surgery on my back will determine whether I will be able to do some of that work, - I hope so. Hence the reason for wanting the DVD manual.

Cheers all,
Peter

mad mick

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 2005 update
hi peter I have been trying to get a copy since oct 2014 was told by holdens they do not sell the dvd/ manual for any holden where did you get yours very keen on getting a copy cheers mick

Pete6000

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra SX6 2006
Hi Mick,
I have the Haynes (#41743 1997 thru 2006)and Ellery (#EP.C107 1997-2007) soft cover copies of the manuals for the VZ Series. I came into this thread almost 5yrs after the last post by bobbyfoo 22/5/2010, when he said he'd got a copy of the DVD, which was about 6mths after peterrobo said he'd got a copy in Oct 2009.

The reason I'm keen to get the DVD is that the Haynes manual does not cover the AWD Adventra and the Ellery manual only provides basic information on areas like wheel alignment, and fluid capacities in an addendum inside the back cover.

Sounds like your getting the same information from dealerships as I was given when I phoned. Previous posts give details of what I've done so far.

Cheers, Peter