Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ sporadically wont start till i remove BCM

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS 2005 Odyssey Mica
VZ v6. Gremlin with car. It won't start, so i take out #29 BCM fuse, wait approx 2 minutes, re install, then car starts. It use to happen 6 months ago, then no issues, and last 3 days, its happening again on every start except once. E.g: yesterday morning when i went to start to go to work it wouldn't start; it started when i returned 10hrs later at night to go home; drove 10mins, stopped at shops for 15 mins, and it happened again. This morning again wouldn't start.
Anyone experience this?/ know what it may be without sending me on an expensive goose chase. Located in Sydney. [Not interested in smart comments] - Thanks

Attachments

• 20170816_083427.jpg
    20170816_083427.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 665

HSV126

Reaction score
Members Ride
Briggs & Stratton
Im not sure what it is but somethings telling me replace the BCM

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Im not sure what it is but somethings telling me replace the BCM
I have a mobile programmer (after hours Holden employee) coming out tomorrow night to re program the ECU and apparently (hopefully) that should fix it. He tells me its quite common on the VZ.

05 vz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz commodore
Can you explain what you mean won't start does it just give a ticking sounds as if the battery was flat? cause mine does the thing. It each time mine does this I get a jumpstart had the battery checked at the battery shop and they say the battery is fine but each time nrma come out they tell me the battery is stuffed and i haven't tried the bcm fuse yet

peterhsv

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi, as in zero sound at all. Completely dead.
Got it fixed, fault with ecu, $300 the guy reprogrammed it. So far so good. If ur in sydney let me know il give u his contact details. Holden wanted $1000 for a new ecu.

FOOD1ENZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive V6
Hi all, had a reconditioned ECU put in 5 yrs ago after a computer reading and car running well, returned from a holiday and and car wont start. Now have just put in a second hand BCM with key fob and car still wont start.
Any suggestions pleasee

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
The key and BCM will be incompatible with the ECM until they are linked and the key also relinked.

There will be a mismatch in the VINs on the different modules and security system prevents a start.

To do a swap, you need a Key, BCM, ECM and PIM from the same car and the same model as yours to avoid further incompatibility issues with fuel senders, engine type and airbag numbers.

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
or you need to link the BCM etc with a Tech 2 or a bidirectional scanner

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Car was locked.