Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS Cold Air Intake/Short Shifter

A

Andre's SS

cikas said:
DOnt know if this helps but I got the K&N CAI for my SSZ

Works a treat and was $300 from Repco.
Hope the pics work.
Sorry about the dirt I was sorta bush this arvo :)

I like that set up did the whole lot come from repco?

Or just bits?

A

Andre's SS

highendrev said:
oouch sensations! LOL. my mate witht he clubby said it gave him fark all gain, better off saving an extra 300 bones and getting a piggyback memcal and dyno tuned. Let us know how you go if you decide to get the intake, would be interested to see your gains.

What your one mate??? that has LS1....

Geez and you relate it on that?

Every one else raves about em.

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
Andre's SS said:
I like that set up did the whole lot come from repco?

Or just bits?

Yeah its Available in a package from most Auto Stores.. I actualy had 3 auto shops paired off with each other to see which one i could get the cheapest
I think its the K&N CAI kit or something like that

It comes with the
* Heat Shield
* Big Mouth Filter
* Pipe
* All screws and flanges
*And detailed Instructions

I have no idea when it comes to cars and I was able to do it in about 10 minutes

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
just a point with fitting a pod so close to the mass airflow sensor, you run the risk of filter oil being sucked onto the maf hot wire and giving incorrect values to the ecu

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
SSI = 10-15kw LOSS
K&N = 10kw LOSS
MCAI = 8kw gain
OTRCAI = 8-15kw gain

Dont bother with SSI or K&N unless you want to waste your money. If you do, just send it to me, ill use it more effectively.

VZ's already have a MCAI so the only upgrade is the 2 hole mod (search) or going "over the radiator CAI"

cikas

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I have known about the SS systems. But I found the K&N kit gave me some of an improvment.. Obviously I cant back it up at all .. But just me sitting in the ute before and after. I found it improved..

Dont want to start an argument or anything..

Z

zzume

genIIIbandit said:
just a point with fitting a pod so close to the mass airflow sensor, you run the risk of filter oil being sucked onto the maf hot wire and giving incorrect values to the ecu

If the MAF sensor is too close to the pod and it gets a little oil in what kinda damage we talking about and is it permanent?

Who makes the MCAI and OTRCAI? what sorta price we talking and how much?

So the MCAI is the stock induction system?

Can anyone tell me also with the SS inductions kit where it draws the air into the pod enclosure? Tell me it does not draw air from the engine bay ?

Do you get the same growl and suck noise from the K&N setup?

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Andre's SS said:
What your one mate??? that has LS1....

Geez and you relate it on that?

Every one else raves about em.

Trying to make sense from your post and your english, what are you talking about. My mate with the VZ clubby isnt a ls1 he has the 6 litre. is that what you are talking about?

genIIIbandit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Series II SS BLACK M6
the damage caused by oil getting on the hot wire is permanent, not sure if it will make values sent to ecu richer or leaner, but it alters the values

VooDoo

Reaction score
Website
www.oz8.org
Members Ride
HSV GTO. 408ci Stroker, LS3 top end.
MCAI = Monaro Cold Air induction. $25 from holden. In conjunction with the 2 hole mod is the 2nd most effective CAI there is.

OTRCAI = Over the radiator Cold Air induction. The Powertorque one is about the best but hard to get as they are kept for their own clients these days and rarely sold singularly. Sureflow, G&D and a few other companies also make one but beware of fakes (ebay) as they arent as good.

Dont worry about the oil on MAF issue, just get a mafless tune and bin the maf anyway. In WA chipmaster is about the best and is one of the pioneers of LS1 tuning. QLD goto Powertorque, NSW goto Sams performance or Sonny at Mannaro's. GM Motorsport in Vic