Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SS manual

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Baseline power run, mainline dyno. I feel it went fairly well for a intake/exhaust/email tune job. It's also superloud from the outside.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Serious ####!

OKAY. So I got asked to use this car for a wedding driving the bridal party around. Rock on, thought this could be fun. Had a test fitting of the ribbons the other night:

The cars looked incredible, we were psyched.

Then on the way home I stopped in at a friend's place, ####ed up the driveway and pinched a sidewall. Thought that'd be no big deal, put the spare on, new tyre in the morning, good as gold.

One of the nuts seized to the stud. Absolutely un-movable, we tried the smaller socket and hammer trick, tried a nut-grabber tool, tried a cold chisel. None of this shifted it...

So we drilled the stud out down past the nut and snapped the stud off the hub.

Got the wheel off and put a new tyre on it, and proceeded to the wedding on four lug nuts on the front wheel. Whatever, I made it, we looked the part:

And a shot of me and my mate who owns the red VY, after we got rid of our ties and de-formalised our outfits, just because.

Proper nightmare of a weekend, really. Need a new hub(or just a stud) and a new lug nut, or a new set all around that wont corrode and deform like the holden ones, or something. And the wheel is now properly butchered. Good excuse to get new wheels I think.

Surfwagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
AMG Mercedes C63 Wagon
Not a good thing to happen at any time let alone when you need to use the car.
Always make sure your studs are greased before putting your wheel nuts on.
Pretty easy to just replace the stud.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Cars look good. I grew up down the road from that church in Pymble

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Just finished dealing with the ultimate ****-show. Just going to copy and past straight from Facebook here:

You think you know Murphy's Law?

Thought I could squeeze in a driveway, kerbed a wheel, split sidewall.

Go to remove wheel, nut seized to stud. Drilled stud off.

Get replacement tyre, tyre has leak.

Order a new stud, doesn't fit in hub. Buy new hub in exasperation.

Get new wheels because sick of the old ones, one of the new wheels hasn't been machined to fit the car.

Currently rolling on three new and one old. At least it's mobile again.

Kito came up with the ghetto-tastic idea of just filing the bore down until it fitted. So that's what happened.

Overall, this took far too long..

VE2 SV6/SS wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres, new lugnuts, antiseize all round.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Hey Andrew so how's the cam? G

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Hey man. No cam yet. Was gonna happen this weekend, but the debacle with the wheels and such killed the opportunity. It'll happen soon, have all the parts, I just don't have an exact time frame.

derrro

haha tough
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ MY06 SS
Checked out a cammed clubby yesterday. Damn it was hot. A cam is on the cards soon for me. Just wondering if at 206000 it's worth it ?