Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz stalling

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
when i start my car it starts then stalls after a few seconds and if i try to start it. it wont crank or if it does crank it wont fire until i turn it off and start again then it fine seems to be doing it a fair bit now

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
yep, if it fails you have to turn off for some reason, sons is the same, try this as his was doing exactly the same as yours, key in ign, turn to on (don't start-all lights showing on dash from engine check etc) now operate the key buttons a few times, lock unlock boot etc, then turn off, we took the car to holdens when it was stalling like that (was only fairly new key-from holdens-needed 3 botton key for remote hardlid opening mod we did) they did this procedure and hasn't missed a beat since, service tech came out to car in service parking and did it there and then, 18mths ago now, sometimes the keys get lost (easiest way to explain) when they are kept with other key fobs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
yep, if it fails you have to turn off for some reason, sons is the same, try this as his was doing exactly the same as yours, key in ign, turn to on (don't start-all lights showing on dash from engine check etc) now operate the key buttons a few times, lock unlock boot etc, then turn off, we took the car to holdens when it was stalling like that (was only fairly new key-from holdens-needed 3 botton key for remote hardlid opening mod we did) they did this procedure and hasn't missed a beat since, service tech came out to car in service parking and did it there and then, 18mths ago now, sometimes the keys get lost (easiest way to explain) when they are kept with other key fobs

ok thanks will try tomorrow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
key contact didnt connect with ring on the ignition so BCM didnt unlock the PCM.. can also be failing key battery and simply insert and turn key too fast for BCM.. i think they all do it from time to time...

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz
tryed that still doing it i wonder if its the ignition switch or alarm

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
does it flash after you have unlocked car etc, try cleaning the ring on the ignition and the metal bauble on your key, try with different key also