Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Suspension Thread

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
I am looking for some info on what springs people are using in their VZ.

In particular... anyone used King Springs 46SL or 46SSL springs in the rear of the SV6??? Do you need to change shocks if using these springs?

Let's post photos of how your ride sits and the part numbers of your Front & Rear springs.

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
Im running KHFL-47SSL (front) and KHRL-46SSSL (rear) all with stock suspension gear
Heres how it sits...well actually slightly lower then that now as that was taken straight after having them fitted. Rear now sits guard level with rim at its highest and often is sitting on the bumpstops :yeah:
vzloweredfrontww9.jpg

vzloweredyw3.jpg

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Looks awesome Nordy.
I'm only running 18's so not sure if that would leave it sitting 'too' low - if there is such a thing.

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
how different do you reckon that would sit if i jsut had the stock 17's?

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
done it himself troy ;)

the smaller the wheel the lower it looks, wont tuck rim with smaller wheels tho, depends on the overall diameter of the wheels you wanna use compared to what uve got.
Ie. uve got stock 15's with an overall diameter of 600mm, wheel n tire. then u put 18's on with a low profile tyre and its also 600mm.
the car will sit the same height off the ground tho will look lower by losing all that tyre ;)

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
As stated doesnt sit all that different with the stock 17's on as the rolling diameter of them compared to my 20's is only about 4-5mm different. Although it does tuck about half the wall of the tyre with the stock 17's on.

Sorry to disrupt the thread about suspension :cool: But Troy711 I just covered the stock grill bars with chrome vinyl labelling. I dont have a close-up of it but heres a front-on pic showing it
xqu53frontbg3.jpg

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
well done nordy looks A1, considering it myself :)

Back on topic! Front KHFL - 47SL. Rear KHRL - 127SL. As it sits parked it tucks 15mm of rim, in gear lots more ;). As for shocks i beleive the wagon already has shortened shocks so there still there n working fine. On a sedan im sure you need shortened shocks, Can sum1 clarify this?

Attachments

• v.jpg
    v.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 7,298

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
well done nordy looks A1, considering it myself :)

Back on topic! Front KHFL - 47SL. Rear KHRL - 127SL. As it sits parked it tucks 15mm of rim, in gear lots more ;). As for shocks i beleive the wagon already has shortened shocks so there still there n working fine. On a sedan im sure you need shortened shocks, Can sum1 clarify this?

yes, put the wagon shocks in the sedan when lowering,

your wag has superlows im guessing from the part number? looks like ill be getting lows, oh what size is your wheels?

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
Im running KHFL-47SSL (front) and KHRL-46SSSL (rear) all with stock suspension gear
does this mean with my sv6 if i get the same springs i wont need new shocks or anything else?