Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Suspension Thread

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
I was looking at super lows also but Im now kind of considering getting pedders 6419 6412 (tournig) springs. These are a little lower than super low (only by around 10mm) but I dont know if its going be over kill and too low for every day driving, especialy in the front end.
Otherwise Im considering going the super low front and tourning rear which should sit nice and level, same height setup as my old VP.

What size wheels and tyres you rolling on?
10mm doesnt sound much hey??
IMHO i wouldnt go any lower in the front then super lows with stock shockies. Nordy i think Fe2 is helping you ;)
and in the back go as low as u want, if u can handle driving it, the pedders sound good for everyday. its all personal preferance

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
well nordy i have jsut bought the same springs should get them installed one day soon then i will post pics

How's the install going? Can't wait to see the finished result. You are running 17's yeah?
Get some pics up!

Nordy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
IMHO i wouldnt go any lower in the front then super lows with stock shockies. Nordy i think Fe2 is helping you ;)
and in the back go as low as u want, if u can handle driving it, the pedders sound good for everyday. its all personal preferance

Oh yea definitely! I dont think Id be game to go with SSL's up front and SSSL's rear without FE2

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
had a chat with a bloke ino who runs a suspension shop just discussing my options.
the Vz alrready has adjustable toe and so on. ie already has a '2 point camber kit' and by throwing a 2 point kit in you end up with a 4 point if u get my drift.
altho as my car sits now i cant straighten the wheels due to it wasting my guards! only option is "raising" the car :eek:. rendering a "camber kit useless"
also you should change your shocks to shortened shocks, der. so then it will feel like a car again, am considering new shocks after my lil talk as it bump steers and would like my ride back!

so basicly you can gooo lowww and pay for tyres or try to find a happy medium.

either way the wags is goin in early next week to see what can be done so will post up any helpful info :)

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
How's the install going? Can't wait to see the finished result. You are running 17's yeah?
Get some pics up!

getting installed at 1 tomorrow after work so hopefully i can find a camera
haha

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec

I have fe2 at the moment so I dont think it will be a problem :thumbsup:
Im going with the SL front and touring rear I think, I like the ride you get with it nice an level.

I can get kings cheaper and Ive used em in the past but apparently pedders are slightly better ride, I would have thought they are very similar?

bludeck

Wishlist = Blowa
Reaction score
Members Ride
jj
personal preferance!!

and you want the car sitting level in gear or moving, not wen parked up ;)

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
Well, I went the Pedders touring all round.
I will be installing em next weekend so ill post pics once complete :)

scolari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore sv6
hey guys i got mine installed it looks amazing though i defiantly will need new shocks as the ride is terrible haha. i would take photo's but i dont have a camera but i'm trying to figure out a way. also when ever i turn right my wheel sounds like it creaks but its not touching the guard no one could have clue what it is?

colk

VZ 3.6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 3.6 Exec
I dont know if it is this but a common problem is the bearing plate that sits on top of the strut, especialy once they are lowered it puts more stress on them. Even a little crack can make the steering feel funy. Doese it feel normal or just creak?
I would also just check sway bar links or any other bushes etc.
Cant wait to get mine in, any recomendations for decent shocks?