Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ SV6 2004 - Questions on 2 'issues'

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Really? Would removing the head unit remove any and all changeable options for the Alarm? That sound kind of retarded if you ask me.

Does anyone know if aftermarket ECU can give access to these other options (which appear standard on VZ's)

There would have to be some other way to have access to these options except for putting the original and limited head unit back in.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Shouldn't affect the alarm... Aftermarket ecu won't allow these options either if anything it will limit your options further and cost an arm and a leg.. But the tuning benefits are good...

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Hmmm well thats odd then, i have no options to be able to change in regards to the Alarm.

XCSEDAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
XC Falcon
new pads and rotors to fix the braking shudder, i reccomend DBA slotted rotors and Lucas pads, they are dusty as all hell, but damn they stop well!!!

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
i have an aftermarket head unit and i have not lost a single option in the menu (mode button on start up).

Does that include options for the Alarm? If so, how do you go about getting into those options? (afaik its supposed to be accessed by holding mode in while turning the ignition on, i get a menu but cycling through there is nothing for the alarm/trip computer)

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
My main reason for wanting to be able to change options is to be able to have the indicator lights flash when lock and unlock and also the horn chirp.

Currently nothing happens at all when you press the buttons to lock/unlock, no horn nor indicator lights.

Sometimes i've had to stand really close to the car to be able to see the doors lock and/or hear the doors lock.

The VZ manual i have that came with the car i assume is the same as VZ SV6 options, which indicates the ability to change such options, so far this has not been possible.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Does anyone have information (such as pictures, etc) and instructions on how i would go about replacing the EVAP Solenoid Purge Hose myself?

The mechanic is a retard and i can't get it fixed there for free, so i've ordered one from Holden, but the mechanic will charge through the roof for this to be done.

morphix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VZ SV6 5-Speed Auto
Can this be done when replacing the spark plugs as the intake manifold will be off or atleast lifted up for this?