Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vz sv6 engine noise

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
hey need some help on this one, im not entirely sure what the alloytec engine sounds like, but ive just noticed that its making some noises, like injecter ticking. im posting up a video of it, so when its done il attach a link so someone could help me identify what the sound is. it sounds like its comming from the front of the intake, but not too sure. its still under warranty so il get them to check it out next week.

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
WOW that sounds like a tractor but it could be because of poor sound quality. Could b a simply vacuum problem maybe a loose hose.

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
Just out of curiosity have you taken the covers off and had a look? Check the welds on your exhaust manifold, i found a crack in one of mine causing a ticking sound

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
no i havent had a deep look at it yet, il pop down and sus it out today. sound quality is good, thats exactly what it sounds like.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
That does kinda sound a bit more tractory then usual but there isnt anything that totally sticks out or shocks me about the sound, these cars have 0 exhaust note, u tend to hear every little thing that moves on the engine and they seem to sound a bit pingy/trashy if u know wat i mean

how many Ks have you done?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
the car is just about to go into its 120 000km service, probably thursday, so i will get them to check it out while its in there, as its still under holdens warranty. also, if i park on a downward slant, then go to reverse like really slow, there is a crunching noise somewhere between the engine and gearbox. its not always, but most times. anyone know what that could be?