Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ taxis in the Eastern States?

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Hi Folks,

Bit of a random question..

Are there many VZ taxis in the other capital cities of Australia such as Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Adelaide?

I've only ever seen 1 VZ taxi here in Perth and that was a factory LPG wagon.

I'm suprised Holden haven't spent the $$$ on development on LPG conversions for the alloytec motors. Ford just have a total monopoly on cabs over here in WA but I'm curious about other parts of Australia.

By the way and this is straight from the mouth of a service adviser at a well-known Holden dealership in WA last week, when I asked him about VZ LPG conversions. "The reason Holden advises people against converting the alloytec motor to LPG is they haven't spent the money on research on development in this area, the engines are compatible with injected gas"!! Interesting comments I thought, but his response makes perfect sense to me.

cheers

Tom

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i see the odd commie taxi pop up every now and then, in sydney.

there was a thing a while ago in the sydney morning herald or one of the newspapers. back when the avalon was still around they made a taxi version(vynal seats etc). and they asked for a comment from ford, and they said they didnt care cause they wanted out of the taxi market, this is because for a normal person the most likely chance there going to ride in a ford is in a taxi. and look how **** they are, like when was the last time you got in a taxi and gone "gee this is a nice car", and stupid people think all fords are like that so they dont buy them.

twb1979

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Black CDTi Astra 6sp manual
Wow thanks for the reponses so far fellas.

We have a handful of VT/VX/VY's taxis over in WA.

There is also a cosmo green VY I SS taxi with a green light-bar getting around in Perth which I also see from time to time.

A few Camry things also seen from time to time.

We have 'Peak period' cabs over here for Fri and Sat nights and they tend to be more random stuff.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
We have a lot more ford taxis in melb...

But still a fair few VX - VY - VZs

Also I see alot of fairmont and statesman taxis

I even saw a WL Stato with some nice 18s, leather, tv's in the back

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
here in adelaide about half our taxis are commodores i would guess, the vast majority being ex-police cars it seems (silver instead of black rims).

most would be VYs although there are still a few VXs and VTs. a few VZs are going round. i saw a VE taxi the other day...what a waste.

everytime i get a cab at night i try to get a commodore haha. a little while ago i was in a BA that stalled at a set of lights

Attachments

• vetaxi.jpg
    vetaxi.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 1,344

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
here in adelaide about half our taxis are commodores i would guess, the vast majority being ex-police cars it seems (silver instead of black rims).

most would be VYs although there are still a few VXs and VTs. a few VZs are going round. i saw a VE taxi the other day...what a waste.

everytime i get a cab at night i try to get a commodore haha. a little while ago i was in a BA that stalled at a set of lights

i wouldn't quite say half i'd say 25% commodores 20% magna/380's 55% falcons

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
coming from an ex taxi driver.... I wish all taxis were commodores