Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute full sound system upgrade

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
thanks man, I wanted to shorten my harness too, think I have the knowledge now or what to do, but I suck at soldering. might save it for a few weeks when I have time off around Christmas and if I am bored one day I'll clean it all up, real professional looking, for now I want to get it back together and actually test it out haha. don't worry though, I won't be putting it back in the car as it looks in that pic above, it will be a lot neater. lucky for me there is heaps of room behind this head unit and down behind the dash.
Worry l will not. Don't rush it, it took me at least an hr to do the harness and steering section to fact loom. Take a photo as you have, if it's no issue you 've done good. Pat yrself on the back!!!!

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Finished everything off tonight and put it all back together, sounds pretty good in the driveway but didn't listen to it for too long. Will need to go out for a cruise tomorrow night and really test it out, don't want to piss off the neighbours, but it seems like it will get loud enough to piss off the whole street from just a quick volume test.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Finished everything off tonight and put it all back together, sounds pretty good in the driveway but didn't listen to it for too long. Will need to go out for a cruise tomorrow night and really test it out, don't want to piss off the neighbours, but it seems like it will get loud enough to piss off the whole street from just a quick volume test.
Tuning can take a lot of listening to acquire the correct sound for you in my experience. Depending on your hu tuning functions.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I tweaked the EQ a little bit, turned off all the extra bass, set the HPF and LPF to 80Hz, set the DSO to minimal, drove it to work today which I rarely do, starting to sound pretty good to me. For $380 worth of speakers/sub/amp, couldn't ask for any better for the amount of money I spent.

There is a lot less road noise with all the sound deadening, and I can barely even hear my exhaust (twin 3") so that should say something about how good the roadkill is.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
I tweaked the EQ a little bit, turned off all the extra bass, set the HPF and LPF to 80Hz, set the DSO to minimal, drove it to work today which I rarely do, starting to sound pretty good to me. For $380 worth of speakers/sub/amp, couldn't ask for any better for the amount of money I spent.

There is a lot less road noise with all the sound deadening, and I can barely even hear my exhaust (twin 3") so that should say something about how good the roadkill is.
Some people may say it is deafness you are experiencing.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
Some people may say it is deafness you are experiencing.
Forgot to menchine set your mind range frequency to speaker rating also the bass to sub frequency so it doesn't sound unballeced. Then you could tweek your curve to alternate music taste on your presets.

Filb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY sedan+ wifes VYII wagon.
if anyone is interested in a full how-to i could write something up, so let me know. it was all actually pretty easy, probably only made more difficult by my shitty cheap bunnings wire stripper and crimper. the hardest part was deciphering the instructions and knowing what wires to cut, taking the car apart is the easy part.
I would love to see a complete how to guide on install