Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ ute full sound system upgrade

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
All good that amp is 125rms, which is different to the standard watts. Mine is 400 watt but 45rms 90rms bridged, you will be fine.
ah ok thanks, yea I am still a noob at this stuff.
do you think that the ground location in the pic I posted above will be ok for the amp?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Might be ok, but if you get a humm in the sub that would be the first place I would look at re-grounding elsewhere to sort the ground loop. Jaycar have big solder lugs that would have an eyelet big enough to fit over seat anchor bolts. You don't need a solder iron, just a stove lighter, some solder and some patience.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Might be ok, but if you get a humm in the sub that would be the first place I would look at re-grounding elsewhere to sort the ground loop. Jaycar have big solder lugs that would have an eyelet big enough to fit over seat anchor bolts. You don't need a solder iron, just a stove lighter, some solder and some patience.
thanks man, will check into that

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Ok I have the ground sorted, and now my power cables are run and hidden under the carpets until they emerge next to the amp, looks pretty tidy I think.

uM4ovhx.jpg

LHLdjrk.jpg

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
Think I nearly have everything sorted here now, still trying to decide where to mount the crossovers, and where to cut the factory wiring. I've traced it back to the main loom from the head unit, so will see if I can find a good spot to put on some blade terminals or something and wire that up to the crossover.

Any suggestions on crossover location? Ideally, I want to put it in the same spot on both sides. Cheers!

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You might be able to buy a patch loom that plugs into the existing harness without any chopping or splicing. They can normally be bought at Autobarn or Jaycar.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
I have the Sony to ISO then ISO to Holden adapters already, but as far as I know I still need to wire the crossover into the left and right outputs from the factory wiring somewhere if I go down this route.

exanVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder
thanks, i'm mostly just trying to figure out where to physically put the actual crossover on each side