Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VZ Vibration

Wats_in_a_name

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Yeah I noticed after I posted. Benotto's post (albeit 3 years old) might have the answer I need though (fingers crossed)

CalaisNQ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II Calais V V8 , VS Calais, VS Ute & VZ SV6
It's a pitty a lot of threads don't end with what the solution to problem was.
The centre bearing on tail shafts were a good for causing vibrations too.

Jodonnell

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6
Yep I've got that vibration at 1500 rpm I've replaced water pump tensioner and belt idler bearing checked all the bits ac etc got me stuffed I'd love a solution so I can sell the piece of junk lol never guna buy another 3.6 again

BF6379

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute 5.0, VE SV6, VF SS 6.2.
VE Series 1 MY10 (from Sept 2009 onwards), VE II and VFs with the SIDI LLT and LFX engines had an Alternator Decoupling Pulley on the alternator. This allows the alternator armature to overrun during engine deceleration events (which occur 3 times in every engine revolution), and also dampens the drive to the alternator in the driven direction.
If a VZ alternator (without an ADP) is fitted to a VE II etc, then the serpentine belt and tensioner vibrate violently.
Maybe an alternator with an ADP could be retrofitted onto a VZ or early VE Series 1 to reduce vibrations also.
The alternator in this pic has an ADP fitted:

Last edited: