Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310 vs KPM Streetfighter packages

Gorey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais
I don't know about the others, but I'm extremely happy with the results from my new Calais........sounds even better now I've done 5000ks since this vid....http://vimeo.com/106250910

Banjo79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Sportwagon
I had KPM 2.5 inch full exhaust, intake and tune done. AFM was disabled as well as a few other tickles done in the tune. Went from 213 to 275 ATW (Dyno Dynamics). Goes like a 6l v8 should. Sounds so nice at all revs and unbelievable above 4000, it roars at a note just higher than most commodores I hear at WOT. Quite a unique sound. Maybe all brands of 2.5's sound like this??? I've got such little drone (in my wagon) that I don't even really consider it drone. I often wonder why I didn't go 3 inch. I think it would have to be 50% more droney to worry anyone.

I'm calling the AFM disabled KPM 2.5 inch full exhaust drone free in a VF wagon!

For anyone thinking KPM, (and quite possibly any brand of exhaust) I can say that the 2.5 inch when cruising will only turn car enthusiasts heads, (whose ears tend to be incredibly receptive to approaching performance exhausts) , unless you're accelerating aggressively above 3000 or engine braking down to 3000 in which case probably anyone within 100m would be looking. For those wanting notice at low rev cruising from every girl and her dog, don't even consider the 2.5 inch, it just isn't loud enough. I seriously think for those wagon drivers amongst us that the 3 inch drone wouldn't worry even the fussiest soccer mum, however I am only guessing that.

Any VF wagon owners out there with a full 3 inch KPM that can comment?

Last edited:

revster

Reaction score
Members Ride
30th Anniversary HSV Senator (Gone) MY19 Golf R
I

I'm calling the KPM 2.5 inch full exhaust drone free in a VF wagon!

Any VF wagon owners out there with a full 3 inch KPM that can comment?

I have a 2.5 full KPM Exhaust in my sedan. It is the best sounding 2.5 imo.

3 inch would be too much unless you were going to cam it or forced induction. Again, imo.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
I have a 2.5 full KPM Exhaust in my sedan. It is the best sounding 2.5 imo.

3 inch would be too much unless you were going to cam it or forced induction. Again, imo.

Don't have the source, but lots of well respected members in the LSx race community have referenced a heap of dyno testing that CHE have done - shows that 3 inch is indeed overkill for a 5.7 but the 6L's made better power with a big system.

I just got my ute back after having a Tekno package fitted to it (I spec'd the 1 7/8 headers and 3" exhaust) and I am 100% happy with it. When you stomp on it the best I can describe the noise as the thundering gates of hell have been opened.

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Hey lads ive had a read of this thread and want to also know what is the most common exhaust for the vf r8

I know this is a bit of an open ended question but in all performance scene's there is a well worn path and this is what i want to know

Requirements for the ride are

Its auto
Its going to be mildly cammed
Its going to have an otr
Its going to be tuned

But it will end up turboed at a later date/ possibly a blower

So what headers/size suit the N/a best
What size cat back suits the n/a best
Stainless or mild steel ?

What of these options could combo up for the FI later ( if turbo i know headers will be shed fodder later )

Thanks in advance

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Jeez, this forum is beeing taken over by the Ford brigade. Welcome to the forum Jet. Is Fluff joining as well??

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Doubtful, lucky i still have her after jumping camp lol

Is it just me or is this forum layout on the iphone just chit or is it a setting ive not got set right ?

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Doubtful, lucky i still have her after jumping camp lol

Is it just me or is this forum layout on the iphone just chit or is it a setting ive not got set right ?

Nah, it's just still a[plying its Ford owner's filter. It'll work it out in a little while, just give it a bit of time...;)

JETURBO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF R8 SV
Looks like frogs nuts

How much spam do i have to post for it to look normal ?

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
lol dunno mate, I use tapatalk on Android