Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310

Status
Not open for further replies.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
So i got a quote today for several WP options as i am looking into an exhaust system but undecided on how far i go. ie just cat back, or full pack similar to the W310 pack.
This is the quote i got from the local dealer... please sit down before reading!

1. Wakinshaw Cat Back Exhaust: $2750 this price includes parts, labour and
freight.

2. 310 Pack- $6990 this price includes parts, labour and freight.

3. Cold Air Intake: Option 1- Over the Radiator- $1038.5
Option 2- Cold Air intake same as the one used in the Power Pack and 310 Pack- $930

It is strongly recommended that you also have a Tune once the Cold Air
Intake has been completed. The price for this is - $950

4. There is also the option of a Power Pack which comes with an Exhaust, ECU
Upgrade and a Cold Air Intake this is- $4308

So given the ridiculousness of the prices from this dealer, what would others recommend doing for someone who lives in a regional town? Obviously i will quote around to only a handful of others (at best) but as i am in a mining town, everything is expensive!

I'd take a holiday to Sydney, best value through competition.

WW-VFSSVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I got the power pack on my VF SSV redline wagon and couldn't be happier. The air intake is not the otr, but a pod filter where the air box is. Cat back exhaust and tune for $3800. Sound is good and dyno result was 241rwkw. I went the other way of doing bits and pieces (kpm catback, Vcm otr tune etc) on my VE and it ended up costing more and it only managed 235rwkw.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I got the power pack on my VF SSV redline wagon and couldn't be happier. The air intake is not the otr, but a pod filter where the air box is. Cat back exhaust and tune for $3800. Sound is good and dyno result was 241rwkw. I went the other way of doing bits and pieces (kpm catback, Vcm otr tune etc) on my VE and it ended up costing more and it only managed 235rwkw.

So are you saying you got W310 power pack for almost half price?

eddo2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Sportswagon V8 W310
So i bought a brand new 2014 Holden Calais V V8 Sportswagon on Thursday and hopefully will pick it up this Wednesday. Trading in my 2008 Ford G6E.

Story goes, I was looking at a SV6 Sportswagon, then moved up to the Calais Sportswagon, then the Calais V V6- then I test drove a Calais V Sportswagon with the W310 kit on it at the dealership & it was amazing. Couldn't wipe the smile from my face. The sound was amazing and the drive was great. Compared to a standard V8 Sportswagon, it was a completely different car. Im still smiling thinking about the drive.
On Thursday when i paid my deposit, i told the dealer i only wanted the Walkinshaw Catsback exhaust fitted. But today I made the jump and have now ordered the full W310 kit to be fitted through my Holden dealer. Got a very good price on the whole deal too.

Getting abit nervous about it now to be honest, reading what some people are saying- but i cant wait to get it. Im not worried about the price- its more that ive only ever had a stock vehicle. I drive about 600km a week commuting to and from work down the M5 in Sydney- but about 80% of my driving is on the freeway. I dont think the misses will like it because of the sound (she hasnt seen the W310 or test driven one)- but im going to be driving it 95% of the time and i love the sound of a V8 and it just ticked all my boxes when i test drove the W310 (it had 650km on the clock).

So if all goes to plan i should pick up my new Calais V Sportswagon W310 Wednesday morning. And im hoping it makes me as happy as the day i test drove one.

Edward

Batca

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf ssv sportwagon
You will love it mate. My missus loves driving ours. To quote her the other day " it's nice to put your foot down and escape the idiots"

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
So are you saying you got W310 power pack for almost half price?

No mate, he got the catback and the side mount air intake (similar to Rotofab). Key difference with the W310, is the 4-1 long tube headers and hi flow cats, and OTR intake - which is exactly what I'm getting :beer chug:

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I got the Dyno done with my W310 pack (thanks to the guys at GenTech in Canberra) and the readout is 258.8rwkw. I haven't done a conversion, but I believe it would be about 340kw at the fly. It is also pushing around 530nm of torque.

In case you're wondering (I doubt you care that much though lol), I got mine rolled in together with my salary sacrifice, so basically the whole lot (car + w310) is GST free. It was much easier/cheaper for me to do it this way than do it after buying the car. Got the kit for around $5k.

The sound is really throaty and it rumbles along happily. I'm really happy with the whole lot.

I also like the wank factor with the badging haha

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
you mean income tax free?

never been a fan of the badging personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.