Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W310

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypnerotomachia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
you mean income tax free?

With the salary sacrifice you don't pay GST on the car and pre-purchase mods and it also reduces your taxable income so you pay less tax out of each pay. The amount I drive makes it worth it.

never been a fan of the badging personally.

Fair enough. I killed off the badging on my last car.

I went into this basically taking the mid-life crisis approach - remember your youth and fulfil it twofold...

My first car was an LJ Torana, I bought it in the age of the mighty VLs, so to me Walkinshaw was rad to the max.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Going in for the W310 on Tuesday!

Didn't read the whole 15 pages, but lol @ the spastics who think it's just a generic flash tune. Some people have NFI, even less of an idea than me!

Also just to clarify, it is stated as W310 due to an agreement between Walkinshaw and HSV. If you ring around yourself, you'll hear it is quoted as 'more like 340kws', however due to the SV enhanced 340kw HSV range, they are not marketing it as such.

That's what I've been told by Wankingshaw, I will post before/after dyno graphs on Tuesday night so yall can make your own mind up on power/gains.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Didn't read the whole 15 pages, but lol @ the spastics who think it's just a generic flash tune. Some people have NFI, even less of an idea than me!
s.

Please tell me more about how Walkinshaw has a super special secret tune.

Its not a generic flash tune.

There is a base tune that gets loaded in and theey slightly tweak it based on the AFRs etc.

Of course youll be told by Walkinshaw its more like 340.

Dynos mean nothing.

Strap and loose for the customer who wants to wave his sheet around.

If you want to quote the brochure, dont go flinging around words like spastic.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
LOL. Get a independent dyno run done.

I saw a Walkinshaw supercharged enhanced VF on the dyno not long ago and it showed less than advertised. Tune was "very safe" no doubt to safeguard the driveline warranty. Tune was flashed as provided and not touched or tweaked at all. Only run up on the dyno to ensure everything was working properly.

eddo2006

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V Sportswagon V8 W310
Picked up my brand new Calais V with the W310 kit in it on Wednesday.... what a beautiful machine!!!! Great sounds,great power & drives like a dream.

My only worry is that when i have cruise set at 110-120km/h (in Drive in 6th gear) on the freeway there is a noticeable drone and vibration through the car. Put it into sports mode and drop the gear to 5th and the noise vibration disappears. It seems like it drones around the 1900rpm mark.

Seeing that most of my driving (75%) is at this speed- its abit annoying.

GH05T

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
yeah its more like not quite 310,
the tune is a generic tune which is provided to cover all vehicles with enough safety to be very safe. they plug in the computer and flash the chip to the new peramiters. what did you think it was christov?

the 310 is one of the highest numbers they reached on a car so its a boasting number at the fly, im not even sure if they can prove it has reached 310, not real world. just dyno the car and you will get the true figure.

a propper dyno tune will give better figures and a better tune for the actual car.

christov

RFFN RFFR
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, BMW M4 Coupe, Harley V-Rod
Oh my god, perhaps some of you should actually contact an authorised dealer and ask them what it is.

I will clarify:

It is exactly the same as getting your car tuned on a dyno by any operator, I don't see why that is so hard to understand. Their is nothing super secret about a Walkinshaw tune... never claimed their was. It's a power pack, same as Harrop, same as KPM, same as any power pack offer - why don't you go rag on them?

I couldn't give a flying #### whether my car after the package has 240 or 300rwkw's and I've made that abundantly clear to HP-F, I want the exhaust note, badge and the warranty.

Oops, I said warranty - thats a keyword to trigger flaming on these forums.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
No, you have to understand that to supply a warranty they need to be 100% sure what has been modified and for that reason and that reason alone they provide a generic tune done by one of their tuners with the supplied engine mods (intake, exhaust etc).

So to put it in terms that you understand. The first W310 pack they made/developed was indeed a custom tune, every other w310 pack gets that same tune and hence the term "generic". Cars are run up on the dyno to ensure everything is working properly and AFR's etc are as they should be. I know this for a fact because I know a tuner who does this work for a Walkinshaw authorised supplier.

This is totally different to me going to my local tuner, having an exhaust and intake fitted and him then doing a full custom tune to optimise the AFR's and timing to achieve the best result possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.