Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

W407

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Nothing to do with GM logic, its 'Tuner logic', either HP Tuners or EFI Live.
I'd have thought EFI Live (and it's ilk) are used to access and change table data. As such, the base GM ECU firmware would still decide what table data to look up based on some coded logic...Or am i wrong?

In this context, the coded logic would check coolant temp and some engine off time parameters and choose which fuelling table to access . It's this later GM logic i was referring to as i didn't think EFI Live replaced such. Or does it?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I'd have thought EFI Live (and it's ilk) are used to access and change table data. As such, the base GM ECU firmware would still decide what table data to look up based on some coded logic...Or am i wrong?

In this context, the coded logic would check coolant temp and some engine off time parameters and choose which fuelling table to access . It's this later GM logic i was referring to as i didn't think EFI Live replaced such. Or does it?

The GM files and OS are removed(saved for later) and replaced with a custom operating system.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85

the ecu still does its same crank/start/run to get going and uses all tables it needs too for the situation its in based on the sensors used, all we do is change the values in the tables to what ever we want within some hard coded limits

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
^ seems a slight disjoint between what the above posts from @07GTS and @lmoengnr.

One day, after warranty expires which based on Holden pulling out may have practically occured o_O, i'll have to look into EFI Live and such ;)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
^ seems a slight disjoint between what the above posts from @07GTS and @lmoengnr.

One day, after warranty expires which based on Holden pulling out may have practically occured o_O, i'll have to look into EFI Live and such ;)
hpt does do a custom OS which is more modified then the gm one can do, but they stopped going that far and just use VVE now instead of going to a proper VE table and other mods, as a tuner u should always keep previous tune files so u can go back to the original one if u want to

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
hpt does do a custom OS which is more modified then the gm one can do, but they stopped going that far and just use VVE now instead of going to a proper VE table and other mods, as a tuner u should always keep previous tune files so u can go back to the original one if u want to
Something for me to keep in mind if/when i go down that route... assuming we all survive COV2 pandemic :p

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Something for me to keep in mind if/when i go down that route...
that decision to take the blue pill or the red pill... myself im still in the rabbit hole falling as i have an understanding but it also has no end to learning

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
OTR intake, headers, exhaust and tune. the main (only?) difference is the W407 gets a new cam shaft, which means opening the engine and paying about double the money for a minor gain.
misunderstood, thought 385 at the wheels