Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Walkinshaw & Di Filippo

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Seems all good those factory flanges to the cats dont seem to sit flush but are tightned up as much possible is this normal ? Want to make sure no leaks
Mine did the same with the HSV system but has been like that for 6 months, no leaks. It's a tight fit best thing to do is get HFC and new headers lol.

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Here’s a dumb question: does the bimodal work differently in the MSE/HSV, where it is controlled by the little wheel on the console? I’m guessing the actuator itself is an electrical circuit that triggers the mechanical valve opening and that the same functionality can be maintained/transferred across in a new DPE.

Was thinking I’d start by only getting a “little bit pregnant” and go with the axle back system - and then work my way up from there...

Like others, because it’s a daily, I need to maintain the quiet side of Touring Mode, but wanted to spice up the sound of Performance Mode. Have heard that the DPE gives a little more bass to the note.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Here’s a dumb question: does the bimodal work differently in the MSE/HSV, where it is controlled by the little wheel on the console? I’m guessing the actuator itself is an electrical circuit that triggers the mechanical valve opening and that the same functionality can be maintained/transferred across in a new DPE.

Was thinking I’d start by only getting a “little bit pregnant” and go with the axle back system - and then work my way up from there...

Like others, because it’s a daily, I need to maintain the quiet side of Touring Mode, but wanted to spice up the sound of Performance Mode. Have heard that the DPE gives a little more bass to the note.
I wouldn't think it would be any different in the HSV as i believe the VF2 Ls3 has the same exhaust setup as the HSV models. The actuator is electronic and activated on the sports setting on the dash unit in the VF2 SS models. I went with just center section and left the factory bi modal mufflers on and its way deeper and a bit louder its just what i was after when valve shuts 1 exhaust tip its a lot quieter.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE

Get the remote so its always open, any free flowing change (incl. centre) will make it louder especially a 3+ inch (DPE or otherwise)

Mine is noticeably louder closed with just a HSV 2.5inch centre.

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
I’ve noticed a slight tiny rattle under low revs I’ve been under the car made sure everything was tight and gave it a thump in various spots and seems the heat shield on the cat vibrates or there’s some metal inside the new exhaust.. has anyone had this after installing just catback system?

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I’ve noticed a slight tiny rattle under low revs I’ve been under the car made sure everything was tight and gave it a thump in various spots and seems the heat shield on the cat vibrates or there’s some metal inside the new exhaust.. has anyone had this after installing just catback system?

Jump to 3:07, may be your issue too?

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II

Jump to 3:07, may be your issue too?
Yeah it might be that actually, I’m going to take it to a exhaust shop on Saturday to take a look a lot easier with hoist

Jackv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SS-V II
Was the drive shaft shield above the center mufflers touching, anyway I’ve decided to get the dpe mufflers to suit and have my local exhaust shop cut out the valves on my mufflers and add them. Hasn’t anyone removed the factory bi modal
Mufflers I noticed the clip it’s hard to get your hands in there to really pull it off any trick in taking the mufflers off?

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I'd send a message to independent motorsport as I believe they do a identical system to the Harrop one without the price tag

And I'm pretty sure they ship alot of products

Anyone know what headers and exhaust systems independent motorsports use? They sound nice on the youtube vids ive seen.

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
Anyone know what headers and exhaust systems independent motorsports use? They sound nice on the youtube vids ive seen.
a brand called pro extreme i beleive, i think same as harrop use!