Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Want to make car louder, any advice???

Austin Davies

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt executive
Hey guys. I have a vu series 2 v6 ute. Its stock apart from some rims, a growler intake, and a rear muffler delete. I love how the rear muffler delete sounded at first but now I want louder. I've had no issues with cops and it's been like that for a year. Only issue is it's only loud when I rev the car hard. I don't want it super loud but probably just loud in general. Now it's only a bit more than stock lol.

I saw dea performance has a 2.5 inch catback exhaust front hotdog to tailpipe. It's really cheap at 165 dollars. Is it that hard to install? Someone said it will be way too loud as it's just a hotdog at the front and no rear muffler.

Or

I've thought about leaving the current setup and just chopping off the front muffler also. So that in addition to the already rear muffler delete = straight pipe right? Sounds easy enough but wondering pros and cons of each, any advice? Also I'm a sensible driver but will I really get a defect if it's any louder?

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
Hey guys. I have a vu series 2 v6 ute. Its stock apart from some rims, a growler intake, and a rear muffler delete. I love how the rear muffler delete sounded at first but now I want louder. I've had no issues with cops and it's been like that for a year. Only issue is it's only loud when I rev the car hard. I don't want it super loud but probably just loud in general. Now it's only a bit more than stock lol.

I saw dea performance has a 2.5 inch catback exhaust front hotdog to tailpipe. It's really cheap at 165 dollars. Is it that hard to install? Someone said it will be way too loud as it's just a hotdog at the front and no rear muffler.

Or

I've thought about leaving the current setup and just chopping off the front muffler also. So that in addition to the already rear muffler delete = straight pipe right? Sounds easy enough but wondering pros and cons of each, any advice? Also I'm a sensible driver but will I really get a defect if it's any louder?
your-exhaust-pipe.jpg

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I love Eco's, one of my top five engines of all time. The sad fact is they will only ever sound like a dead cow fart. What you'll end up with is a loud dead cow fart

The only thing that makes them sound good is a blower with enough whine to drown it out with enough speed to pull the sound waves away from human ears. Also pays to note dead cow farts attract PoPo

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Our old VS sounded OK with a stock exhaust with just a turbo style muffler replacing the stock muffler.

I also think they sound better with a twin exhaust with a couple of balance pipes fitted.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Our old VS sounded OK with a stock exhaust with just a turbo style muffler replacing the stock muffler.

I also think they sound better with a twin exhaust with a couple of balance pipes fitted.

Yea that sounds like a good system.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega

Or

Is it an auto or manual? These engines usually do not sound very nice when you put exhaust systems on it, as they're very droney and farty sounding, especially if it's an auto... Also, you're not picking up very much power (if any), and you're just wasting your money...