Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WAR is getting Close.

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Communist China has never ruled Taiwan and a such have no historical claim on the island.
When you have to split hairs, youve lost. But even with the hair splitting, it still doesnt hold up. Long after China was communist, Taiwan called itself CHINA... called itself the real China (the ROC), it did so publicly in the UN, trying to use the world to expert pressure and bring down communism in China. Its all good if you win, but lose, and well its not forgotten. Taiwan initially claimed it was all one and they had the right to expert pressure globally on the communist mainland. Now the kung fu shoe is on the other foot.

China is a land, and people, not a philosophy

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
When you have to split hairs, youve lost. But even with the hair splitting, it still doesnt hold up. Long after China was communist, Taiwan called itself CHINA... called itself the real China (the ROC), it did so publicly in the UN, trying to use the world to expert pressure and bring down communism in China. Its all good if you win, but lose, and well its not forgotten. Taiwan initially claimed it was all one and they had the right to expert pressure globally on the communist mainland. Now the kung fu shoe is on the other foot.

China is a land, and people, not a philosophy

If Taiwan is China, why is China wanting to invade the place and take control? Don't make any sense to me

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Ask the Taiwanese, they said it was China. They no longer wish to say that once their gamble failed. They named it ROC... we didnt name it that, the communists didnt name it that, Taiwan did. The C, is China and its a little hard to pretend they never did, at least as an adult.

Qin (Ch'in) is a dynasty, thats the source of the name China and they are the ones that funnily enough UNIFIED China and gave it the name. Its not a region. If you use that word to describe yourself, and Taiwan did, youre acknowledging youre part of China by all of its history.

I dont have a horse in the race, but when i pirated software, I didnt lie to myself about what I was doing. Im not going to pretend there is no history, or that China cant make legitimate connections. Taiwan tried to punch the communist mainland in the face repeatedly in the UN, they tried to overturn it with sanctions and other economic penalties which the world did act on. Despite that Taiwan failed, and mainland China has not forgotten that time. Cant blame them really. Again, not saying I support the unification, Id hate to live there if it happens.

The idea that Taiwan has no ties to China, is deceitful. Theres no need, if Taiwan wants to keep its independence, and if you wish to ensure it, enlist. Their freedom is theirs, like Hong Kongs, as long as someone is willing to hang on to it, and send their sons to fight. No matter what China does, we will still send them minerals, and buy their crap.

What I dont like is the lies. Why lie if you are right?

Mainland China is not communist any more, its factually true. Its now much more like its roots, an emperor (leader for life), and wealthy elites (growing millionaires like rice) milking the poor who have limited if any sway. The fact its growing millionaires puts to bed the notion its communist by its very definition. Its Imperial China just as it was for centruries, they built the wall etc over thousands of years, Ping is simply a usurper. Communism, would have so much fewer wealthy, most of their 'millionaires' would simply work for the state in admin, as the state dictates and live slightly better. than those working in the dirt.. more vodka (or whatever that Chinese spirit is) rations maybe.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
If Taiwan is China, why is China wanting to invade the place and take control? Don't make any sense to me
I have a Good Satellite Friend in Taiwan and has more Satelite dishes than me. All dishes are on his flat roof. The Max size is 3M. Shi.t I hate to see the wind loading on his roof. I have a photo of the Farm but will need permission to post it.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Ask the Taiwanese, they said it was China. They no longer wish to say that once their gamble failed. They named it ROC... we didnt name it that, the communists didnt name it that, Taiwan did. The C, is China and its a little hard to pretend they never did, at least as an adult.

Qin (Ch'in) is a dynasty, thats the source of the name China and they are the ones that funnily enough UNIFIED China and gave it the name. Its not a region. If you use that word to describe yourself, and Taiwan did, youre acknowledging youre part of China by all of its history.

I dont have a horse in the race, but when i pirated software, I didnt lie to myself about what I was doing. Im not going to pretend there is no history, or that China cant make legitimate connections. Taiwan tried to punch the communist mainland in the face repeatedly in the UN, they tried to overturn it with sanctions and other economic penalties which the world did act on. Despite that Taiwan failed, and mainland China has not forgotten that time. Cant blame them really. Again, not saying I support the unification, Id hate to live there if it happens.

The idea that Taiwan has no ties to China, is deceitful. Theres no need, if Taiwan wants to keep its independence, and if you wish to ensure it, enlist. Their freedom is theirs, like Hong Kongs, as long as someone is willing to hang on to it, and send their sons to fight. No matter what China does, we will still send them minerals, and buy their crap.

What I dont like is the lies. Why lie if you are right?

Mainland China is not communist any more, its factually true. Its now much more like its roots, an emperor (leader for life), and wealthy elites (growing millionaires like rice) milking the poor who have limited if any sway. The fact its growing millionaires puts to bed the notion its communist by its very definition. Its Imperial China just as it was for centruries, they built the wall etc over thousands of years, Ping is simply a usurper. Communism, would have so much fewer wealthy, most of their 'millionaires' would simply work for the state in admin, as the state dictates and live slightly better. than those working in the dirt.. more vodka (or whatever that Chinese spirit is) rations maybe.

Don't want to ask Taiwan why they said they were China...You are the one that said Taiwan was China...China wouldn't want invade their own country to gain control of it...Makes absolutely no sense....

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Don't want to ask Taiwan why they said they were China...You are the one that said Taiwan was China...China wouldn't want invade their own country to gain control of it...Makes absolutely no sense....
You dont comprehend so well. Taiwan said they were CHINA. Republic of CHINA. I simply educated you about it, that is I repeated it.

You do understand that when Mao took over the mainland, the previous elite of the mainland fled to Taiwan to keep alive the old (although not that old, maybe 40years) CHINA. The real China in their view. The name the ROC, was the name the governments of the mainland who fled the communists, used when in power on the mainland. They took it with them, and used it, in Taiwan. It doesnt get more Chinese.

How do you get your stuff back from thieves? Do you imagine it back, or take action? Just because something is no longer in your possession, does not mean it was never yours. And using force to retake your stuff doesnt invalidate your claim. You argue like youre 14. Did you pout when you typed it?

For clarity, for thousands of years, longer than any continuing civilisation both predating and long after Rome, China was imperial, Emperors and Empresses, that built the fobidden city, the great wall and numerous monumental burials ect... In the early 1900s another revolution (not Mao, not communist, that was mid 1900s) ended that. This is the rulers of China that fled Mao to Taiwan. They came from China, directly.

Prior to that, for the better part of 200 years (end 1600s to end 1800s), until the Japanese took it at the end of the 1800s, Taiwan was ruled from China by the Qing (no not Qin). And then retaken by China, during WW2. That retake was short, as communists took over China in 1948ish, and the above western friendly CHINESE rule of Taiwan began instead.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You dont comprehend so well. Taiwan said they were CHINA. Republic of CHINA. I simply educated you about it, that is I repeated it.

You do understand that when Mao took over the mainland, the previous elite of the mainland fled to Taiwan to keep alive the old (although not that old, maybe 40years) CHINA. The real China in their view. The name the ROC, was the name the governments of the mainland who fled the communists, used when in power on the mainland. They took it with them, and used it, in Taiwan. It doesnt get more Chinese.

How do you get your **** back from thieves? Do you imagine it back, or take action? Just because something is no longer in your possession, does not mean it was never yours. And it force to retake doesnt invalidate your claim. You argue like youre 14. Did you pout when you typed it?

Taiwan being part of China in anyway doesn't answer why China would want to take it back....You can call it what you want....China is still China and it makes absolutely no sense why China would want to invade it's own country to take it back.

It's like S.A invading Vic to take back land it mistakenly classed as Vic....

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
After the revolution the Nationalists fled to Taiwan. I don't think the Mao and his mates had the ability to pursue them or perhaps they were scared that the USA would become involved. Taiwan was recognised as being China until I think it was during the Nixon administration that things changed. Someone played some one at a game of ping pong and so started the ping pong diplomacy that changed to the recognition of the mainland as being China.

Under a communist system everything is owned by the state. The only people who could become millionaires are people like writers. That is clearly not the case in China now. The working class people in China could not afford to send their children to School in Australia.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Not splitting hairs, the ROC and PRC are 2 different things.

Communist China has never ruled the island of Taiwan and have no legal claim to it.

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Taiwan being part of China in anyway doesn't answer why China would want to take it back....You can call it what you want....China is still China and it makes absolutely no sense why China would want to invade it's own country to take it back.

It's like S.A invading Vic to take back land it mistakenly classed as Vic....
No, its like you getting the tool back you leant a mate that now claims it was his because hes had it for years. Until you had the capacity to take it back, he was using it like it was his. And now his mates are telling you, nah mate, its his its always been his because they dont remember a time he didnt have it. According to you, it must now be his.

After the revolution the Nationalists fled to Taiwan. I don't think the Mao and his mates had the ability to pursue them or perhaps they were scared that the USA would become involved. Taiwan was recognised as being China until I think it was during the Nixon administration that things changed. Someone played some one at a game of ping pong and so started the ping pong diplomacy that changed to the recognition of the mainland as being China.

Under a communist system everything is owned by the state. The only people who could become millionaires are people like writers. That is clearly not the case in China now. The working class people in China could not afford to send their children to School in Australia.
Nixons recognition of the communists as legitimate governance of the mainland, until then they were simply not recognised, like we do now with governments we dont like, that closed the door on the exiled Taiwan government and left them without claim to Chinas mainland. Its funny, they tried to claim the mainland... ironic.

But China maintains its right to Taiwan, and never relinquished it.