Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WAR is getting Close.

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Have you not seen all the civilian targets hit? Housing blocks, hospitals, even a stadium and lets not forget the theater that was a bomb shelter. I'm sure it's going to get worse but indirect targeting is definitely happening. Russia has resorted to the old playbook of just leveling whole cities. MSM aren't showing a lot of those images but they are there to be found.
Indirect fire for effect is bombardment, not one or two rounds

One or 2 rounds is sighting artillery, or testing cruise

They will drop rounds in certain areas, watching them land, and recording, good for sighting, and good for scaring away the civilian population and some would be defenders

When they decide to lay down some heavy fire they have a starting point, from their they just walk in rounds and then "fire for effect"to destroy defensive positions and clearing areas infront of their advancing troops

That may be dropping 10 rounds in a small area, or a 100, or until the desired "effect" has been gained by bombardment for days, and thousands of rounds dropped

Typically before a ground assault it is not uncommon for the artillery to soften up the area with alot of rounds, typically focused on defensive positions, with modern satellites and stuff they can pinpoint defensive positions, and rain down hell with near on pin point accuracy, especially with GPS smart artillery, hell, how many dumb bombs does Russia have laying around

The ground forces will know when they mean buisness, they will get pumped hard

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Considering the amount of destruction already done, a WW2 style artillery barrage is probably a waste of time.

But it says a lot about the man if he's willing to go to such great lengths of overkill against civilian populations/targets.

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore
Putin has his own refineries so the cost of fuel to him is nothing, pump it, refine it, ship it off to the war and burn it in the tanks.

The cost of oil to the rest of the world depends on the markets it's traded at, we are at the mercy of the futures markets that greatly influence the price of oil.

These are 2 very different things. Local supply and international supply for sale.

Clearly you understand very little about world economics and markets.

You must also be dreaming to think that like the west, Russia will have stock piles/reserves of oil for it's own use in an emergency.

BTW, NATO isn't near, on or around the Crimea peninsula so that argument is also mute. You really are starting to sound like another Putin apologist. Invading a country (but calling it a special military operation to your own people) because of something that may or may not happen in the future is just a ******* poor excuse.

I love an underdog in a good fight so I'm gonna cheer for Ukraine no matter what.

I'm also European by birth, so what goes on there (and what could potentially effect my extended family) does keep my interest. My Grandparents survived living under occupation by Hitler and I'm sure we are going to survive this tyrant as well.
So not going then? Talk the talk, wont walk the walk... you let others protect YOUR family? Like I said, easy to talk it up when others do the dying.

NATO, would be Ukraine.... thats the point.

Map of NATO for the region... sure, he should be OK with more blue. Ukraine might want it, should probably have it, but he isnt going to let them gently.

You read like a schoolgirl. You blame Putin for oil prices, like its almost instant.. but argue it not instant when i mention OPEC. If its not instant then Putins impacts should no be what they are. Yet the US and you cited it, released reserves for some reason... and our government now that excise is in the firing line have said they need to release more to lower the prices... and yet if OPEC announced a doubling of production, you argue it will be long term to fall and seem to feel its proper for some reason. Youre an apologist for OPEC.

I think hes a mobster, a genuine mobster... not a fan.

Attachments

• NATO.png
    NATO.png
    55 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
The deep blue on the bottom is Turkey. That is a nation that will backstab anybody. I bet, Erdoğan will cozzy up to the Russian if is convinient for him. The Saudis already made some deals with them (Russians).

What I see a Thermonuclear Financial/Economics War. Playing the who is the first to send thier opponent to the poor house. My perception is, NATO has way more to loose because their members are in debt to the gills (ECB, Fed Res, the central banks). Russia is about 13% Debt to GDP, the USA is at about 100% Debt to GDP.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
So not going then? Talk the talk, wont walk the walk... you let others protect YOUR family? Like I said, easy to talk it up when others do the dying.

NATO, would be Ukraine.... thats the point.

Map of NATO for the region... sure, he should be OK with more blue. Ukraine might want it, should probably have it, but he isnt going to let them gently.

You read like a schoolgirl. You blame Putin for oil prices, like its almost instant.. but argue it not instant when i mention OPEC. If its not instant then Putins impacts should no be what they are. Yet the US and you cited it, released reserves for some reason... and our government now that excise is in the firing line have said they need to release more to lower the prices... and yet if OPEC announced a doubling of production, you argue it will be long term to fall and seem to feel its proper for some reason. Youre an apologist for OPEC.

I think hes a mobster, a genuine mobster... not a fan.

I'm well aware of the map, used to live there once upon a time ;)

Nothing was guaranteed (NATO) but you speak like it was a done deal. Seems you are very much misinformed.

Once again you miss quote me on OPEC and oil prices. I've said all along that world oil prices are dictated by the worlds Futures Markets where supply/demand is only part of the equation and speculation is another. Clearly as you don't understand world markets/economics there isn't much point going any further with this discussion.

Good day to you.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Lara Logan is spot on.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Good 1hr Video but dont understand what they are saying in Chinese (video does 60% of the Trick, but need to find out what they are saying) and these 3 people was talking about Sanctions and how they have effected Russia because no doubt possible China did not take this in consideration if and when they invade Taiwan. How China will be effected by Sanctions like what Russia has now if they started a war with Taiwan.

URGENT!!!! I NEED TO BUY Language Translator device that can be used to convert Chinese Mandarin and or Cantonese to English play it back IMMEDIATELY that can plug into the output of the 85 inch tv on the rear (Eg the tv has a option via the ir control of using the TV Speakers or Separate Amp on the back that (shut off the Front Speakers) then the converter plays it back into English.
Need to do some research about this.
Any Tips on this.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
URGENT!!!! I NEED TO BUY Language Translator device
Need to know how they work, I know "Truck all" how they work but plenty of types available. "ie' Do they have inputs 3.5MM stereo IN or Output to plug in a Amp..
Found this.
Two-way Instant Voice Translation] The translator device supports two-way instant intelligent voice translation. When you speak, the language translator translates the speech instantly into text in the defined language appearing correspondingly on the touch screen. It allows play-back if the others doesn't hear it clearly to avoid any misunderstanding. Such an automatic smart translator functions as a two-way interpreter, making live or simultaneous conversation possible.

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride