Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WAR is getting Close.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
It was an attempt at humour with your glasses, us old farts wear what's comfortable not what's fashionable. I too have some of those :)
I have glasses for anything.
1/ On the Computer
2/ When I read close
3/ When I read Diagrams
4/ When I watch my 85 inch Sony Z8H. Now this is very important for me so I went to a Optimist and I said to them "I WANT TV Glasses so I get the best, Sharpest image on both eyes and I sit 2.8 Meters away, He said WHATTTTTTTTTTTT!, I said Cant you do it or do I have to go Else ware so he had to take the mirror of the wall and tell me 3M will have to Do. I also told him (PS He think I'm a nutter) do you ever watch the Black and White Movie "The Dam Busters" He said No, I said to watch A good tv to take benefit of sharpness your eyes have to tuned in. Also Your tv must the same height (the Vertical) so your eyes are in the middle of the TV when you are watching the TV sitting correctly on your lounge ,, He sad WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! how do you do this,,, and said I use a dumpie Level a clear 3/8 of a inch (10 MM) 5 M long filled with water so when I'm sitting in my lounge one side of the tube the level water in at my eye height and the other side of the tube is next to the wall and mark the wall with a pencil and the tv has to be in the middle (verticle)
He said to me,,,,,, THE OCD was really kick in by now,,,,, what do you think about HDR and he told me he has a Samsung 75 inch QN 75 tv....... I said with that tv you will never get HDR Period. I told him very clearly 98% of the Populations have NEVER SEEN HDR Period because the get HDR you need a Strong WIDE Colour Gamut and have a Peak Brightness of at least 2000 nit @ 10 window,,,, he said what your are talking about. I said few OLEDS can give you fair I say again fair HDR because they have a infinite blacks but the are limited in Peak Brighness,,,, so he said to me,,,,, Where did you buy your TV from,,,, I said Not any Shop like Jb's Harvey Not Normal, Good Guys,,,, I order the tv from the Manafactres because NO SHOP Will sell a Sony 8K Z9G or a Z8H or the Z9J or the New Dribble from me The Z9K Mini Led.
If you want to watch HDR for the first time this my address as you possible have it now buy you are welcome and for the first time you will see what HDR is. Yes Bring you wife (PS the Wife owns the Business,LOL,LOL.) Never seen this guy again and never got a invite to test my eyes again after I told him that to buy these TV will cost you around $12,000 up to $24,000
ADMIN
Pity you dont have a Forum on Hi Fi stuff like TVs Amps and other Hi Fi stuff because i'm into it big time. I Iove Quality Tv's, Amps, Lounge Shaker and other.

I good with Cars, the strokes have effect me but get along.
I good with Electronics the strokes have effect me but get along
I very good for my Condition with Satellite Stuff but still struggle a bit but its very very complicated but the strokes have effect me but get along, put it this way NOW one in Australia have a Satellite Earth Station like ours that I know that have setup like we have + the Dishes + the Computers, all done by me, the wife and the kids

Reactions: Lex

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Arghhhh I forgot to put this link in as they test 99% (RTINGS.COM) of tv today but they do not test the Sony Z series of tv's (Z9G,Z9F,Z8H, Z9J or the new 2022 TV the TV that I want the Z9K the Mini led because they are way to expensive to buy for them but the lot of them are damm good Tv's . All the 5 tv reviewed below none of them have a strong peak Brighness, The oled luckly to get to 890 nit @10 window and the LCD luckily to get to 1600 nit @10% but you need at least 2000 nit for HDR so when you get the Sony Z Series like the Z9D (2016) (1760 nit)Fair HDR TV, 85Z9F (2017)= 1600 nit (No good, poor contrast ratio) Worst Z series Sony have made, 85 inch Z9G (2019) is 3880 Nit, 85 inch Z8H (2020) 2509 nit (our one), Z9J (2021) 3200 nit all LEDS but the Z9G has BMD and the Z9K (2022) MINI LED with BMD (back light Master Drive) this is reported to have at least 3500 nits but its mini led so it will have thousands of zones and a better contrast ratio (deeper blacks) and it has been reported to be EXPENSIVE.
READ the first paragraph in the link below.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a Update on whats happening on Taiwan Straights (China) and Russia/ Ukraine borders. As most have noticed China have been very quite the last few weeks but now the Olympics are in the second week (only 6 days left before it finished) there up to there old tricks like RUSSIA by have troupes on the border between Ukraine Russia and Ukraine and Belarus and the same with China that have thousands on Troops and ships including the Largest amphibious ship just across Taiwan and the Russian media are saying that Like Russian itself China are player there War Games too although its the narrowest distance (not the Closest because the others have rail infrastructure) between China and Taiwan. Funny this is bother Russia and China are doing the same so what gives. Are both ready for War or both Putin and Xi Jinping are ratting their dicks.

Last edited:

photohounds

Reaction score
Website
photohounds.smugmug.com
Members Ride
VT Acclaim, S suspension, sound system. good boots
Putin is more a BiDum, sabre-rattling beat-up. China is the main threat.

Their stated intent is to take over Taiwan (never a part of "china"), brutally if they see fit.

Once they control Taiwan (which makes a HUGE percentage of computer and car chips),
anyone not sucking up to China will be kept in the dark ages on second hand electronic parts ...

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride

Their stated intent is to take over Taiwan (never a part of "china"), brutally if they see fit.

Once they control Taiwan (which makes a HUGE percentage of computer and car chips),

Yes this is the Problem

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Russia invading Ukraine is just a beat up. The US is unhappy that Russia is supplying gas to European countries cheaper than they want to. The sanctions against Russia are just an excuse and will still go ahead as will sanctions against any country that continues to buy from them.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
Russia invading Ukraine is just a beat up. The US is unhappy that Russia is supplying gas to European countries cheaper than they want to. The sanctions against Russia are just an excuse and will still go ahead as will sanctions against any country that continues to buy from them.
Will find out soon enough if I can watch more feeds on my system because in the 2 week we have a collection of things that have failed in the house. the worse was a Flex pipe under the sink in the master bedroom to have a hole in it flooding part of the houses (yesterday bough 8 NEW for all the house) beside that had one plate of the induction cook top fail (one Transistor failed Again) done this repair 3 time now, this model has a issue with this, Parts available on ebay), our VE commodore the window have failed (bought relays and fixed now), Our pressure Cleaner Karcher that we used to clean out the Bird Cages Failed on last Sunday (two days ago), Need to go out today as the "O" ring failed and need a new one from BSE Bearing mob., One of my Sat Boxes got corrupted and needs the have the bootloader replaced and re install other, (Time to do this). The Lawn mower had a failure in the front suspension (Spring broke) New spring fixed it read to mow again this arvo, One of my Computers fails to Start up and goes into bias and when you say exist and dont save anything windows show the wrong date and time (got the Wife to go up the road and buy a 2032 battery from woolies installed last night and this morning so far all is good
Yes one of those Fortnight and beside that I had my third covid jab that has given me a sore arm

Reactions: Lex

48-215

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pajerodore

anyone not sucking up to China will be kept in the dark ages on second hand electronic parts ...
You might want to do some research... China took control of Taiwan under the WW2 allies request when we defeated the Japanese who controlled it during the war, China like Russia were allies in that war. When Mao took over China, the deal we had wasnt so palatable. The Dutch owned it way back in early empire building period, and then Han Chinese took control of it in the 16 or 1700s.

In recent history, the past 500 or so years, its only recently been independent. Not saying it shoudlnt remain independent... but never been part of China is just outright wrong. It even called itself, the Republic of China (non communist China). The mainland being the Peoples Republic of China (Communist China, not that its communist anymore, its much closer to a capitalist nation under a dictatorship). They are growing millionaires like rice. ROC (Taiwan, the same one now claiming no connection) claimed to be the true voice of China back post communism on the mainland. The Taiwanese themselves said they were the real China and spoke for all of China, and announced that to the world via the UN.

I would think Intel and silicon valley will step up. We will pay more for tech but I doubt we will go dark.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Communist China has never ruled Taiwan and a such have no historical claim on the island.