Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
All this stuff about Commodore drivers being Hoons got me thinking in the wee hours of the morning (not caffine induced)

My Dad was a 1st class Hoon with motor bikes and cars.

If they were not stuffing a holden motor into a Morry they were drag racing DKW's down Hindley Street. Doing figure 8's in the Honda 4 & sidecar (with us in it) to belting down the road in the EH at around 100 mph to get it in air over on a rise in the road.

So it's in my blood to be a Hoon sort of. I try to control my self but every now and then it brakes out and opps Hooned again.:D

Now my dad is almost 72 and he still loves a bit of Hooning (like when I had the VX S/C car) Mum hated it - Dad just grinned for an hour after it.

So does anyone else think it's in the blood - was/is your Dad a Hoon too?

Last edited:

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
My old man still IS a hoon.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
my dad yelled at me when i didnt slow down to the reccommended speed at a speed bump

weedo_86

JC Resident FireFighter
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
03 VYII Clubby M6, 92 Barina With Sunroof :)
im with minux here my old man is still a hoon he did a burnout in the street in my clubby hence why i havent given him the keys to the xr6

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
My old man used to own race car driver Gary Willmington's personal car.

A 1967 XR Falcon with a worked 200 "Super Pursuit" six pack, in manual.

He bought it in 1971 and traded it in around 1984. Still reckons it was the most reliable car he had. My mum was booked a few times in it, doing 90mph on the highway.

He then bought a HSV enhanced VP Calais in 1994, the one I have now, and proceeded to scare the crap out of me with several 200km/hr+ runs up the back of Mt Keira :p

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
Yes

I am glad to say, that in the years we didnt have contact he lost his hooniness. When I started visiting again, he found his inner hoon which he feeds regularly, on Fords.

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
my dad wasnt a hoon ,never owned a V8 never did burnouts (to the best of my knowledge) and his first nice car was a HK wagon,lol. it sucks, coz mates could say to there olds' "well you did it" and get away with it and i couldnt. oh well. did it anyway :)

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
Yeah

My old man had an EH Ute, got done doing 98mph.

Then, when he got a ford capri he use to scare the S### out of us going too fast in the Adelaide hills. (hit the guard rail:bang:)

Last edited:

Bravotwozero

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 AMG C63 W204 Speedshift + 2013 KW T909
My old man was a bit of a hoon in his youth going by his stories and the amount of cars he wrote off. He's just an old man SUV driver now! He's also a one-eyed Ford fanboy as well! :p