Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
My dad? Well no...But his dad and a couple of his brothers are

One of my uncles has heaps of stories like how he got done doing a burnout in grandpas '79 Falcon 500 AMS, or how quick his turbo forester gets to 200.

Another uncle has a VT clubsport, turbo barina and is building a HJ? (well an old ute anyway) ute with skyline suspension and VS GTS engine and gearbox. He has too many stories to list.

Grandpa loves comparing his many cars. The falcon 500 doesn't get out anymore, but he thinks his new accord sticks to the road better at 180 than his BA or old accord

I know where I get my love of cars from

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
My dad drives like a grandpa. Lucky I don't share the same gene....

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
My dad is still a hoon too, Had many cars and many crashes Loved his motorbikes too had a Ducati 900??? which he stacked on the dirt road that led to our old house on the way home from the pub one night got some mad gravel rash and a broken arm for his stupidity. Bike ended up getting a nice british racing green respray and he still blames me to this day for losing his keys to it, which of coarse i never did.....

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
So there is hope for me yet - when I go fully grey and still want to hoon around. (got my first grey hairs this year)

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
My dad was a hoon, he owned a car yard for 20 yrs or so and saw a number of hot cars and bikes come and go. Early 70s he owned an XT GT Falcon and lost his licence within a month of owning it, so after that my mum drove it around. We're currently restoring an XT GT to look just like that one.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
dad was a hoon until he wrote of his hq munro at over 160 kph around a at most 100kmh corner in town.
wasnt his only car he wrote off either.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Ha,ha I am THE dad was a hoon but cooled off a bit (ahem) Had a HR with factory "opel" 4 speed twin carbies and disc front end . Got it airborne on Springvale road in the 70's when i hit a pile of crushed rock when they were making it a three lane road . I was hooning with two other mates and i was in the inside lane , the one what was under construction with the pile of rock .The car landed so hard that it broke the windscreen and the front doors wouldn't open .

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
nah my old boy doesnt mind his cars especially old holdens& the occasional cruise but his passion is fishing he cant get enough of it oh and also being a VERY aggresive person, some of the stories of when he was my age (23) are crazy, some of the s%^$ he did back 30 years ago id be in so much trouble for now id easily be in jail but like il always say the baby boomers were the last bunch of real crazy bastards :thumbsup: