Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

BullittSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Commodore SV6
Yeah, to the best of my knowledge he was. My old man had an LC Torana 186, 3 spd manual column shift. He got it airbourne on a run from Whyalla to Adelaide back in the '70's, when he went as fast as he could, not sure how fast he was going. I share the same addiction to speed.

My uncle (mums side) was and still is a hoon. He was the first man in Pt Lincoln to own a Ford XB GT 351...rolled it, and about 5 other cars he rolled. My cousins have had Monaro's, Scorpions, VL Turbo's, SS Commodores, and apart from one, have all lost their license at least once.

Its in my blood on both sides.

UNKNOWN

DEFECTED
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR SII BT1 5 Speed
My dad was a big hoon from his first 'brand new' car
one of these in this colour
holden-hk-monaro-gts-01.JPG

to these
42143.jpg

he says he and his mates used to ride thru the hills at night and try to get sparks off the bikes when turning!

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
my old man takes about 5 minutes to reverse out of our driveway, he's the opposite of a hoon!
bloody well drives a brand new 328i and doesn't even use the power it has :(

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
both my parents are hoons. my dad has laid a full set of tyres down in the street from the corvette (and his work ute lol). my mum isnt a 'hoon' as such, she just speeds everywhere and hasnt been caught (much to the shock of the rest of my family).

VRV8_Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V8 5 speed
my old boy is the opposite of a hoon. the thought of doing a burnout or flogging a car scares him.
he has had some cool cars though.
HK monaro,
HQ GTS
XE ESP
12A Rx3 - bought brand new (i wish he kept it)
and a PP 13B Rx2

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
my old man was a hoon and used to own a torana slr5000 but sold it when my sister was born was booked around 5-6 times im shattered he sold as is he as there worth a mint these days and sound and look awsome also

i say trade in my sister back in for the slr :)

Steery

AA 554 G
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR SS M5
my dad was a volkswagon nut, he had about 4 beetles and ripped them all apart. in broken hill he used to do 180's, 360's etc on dirt roads which there was alot of. him and his mates used to take their parents valiants out and thrash them down a 1/8th street strip in their area. he eventually rolled a volxie into brownhill creek when he came to adelaide. he slowed down since then.

still boots his 2.5L v6 astina with factory strut braces and big swaybars through the hills through.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Mums a hoon,not my dad.Think my 2 yr old will be one the way he is going.Loves the sound of my VT when the foot goes down.

cxcxcxvcvcvc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
HAHA My old man was a hoon (settled down now though) but back in the day i remember him getting ****ed @ this bloke who wouldn't sell me cigies at the servo (i was underage by a year ect) so the old man lit the tyres up in the vs 5ltr stato on the way out with the finger out the window.. lol (i know imature and stupid but was kinda funny @ the time!)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
My mum is a shocker :p - Never could convince her to leave her position as Head of Pit Crew & actually race thou.....

My dad was always into bikes/cars/buggys but I never saw him til I was 16-17 so never knew that much of him unfortunetly & didnt benefit as much as I could.

My Step-dad raced dragsters/funny cars etc for years, which is why I found myself the owner of a junior fueler at age 12. Our house & his workshop was always full of mates & odd stuff, have a couple drinks & lets see if we can fit a small block & a 9" into a Cortina..... lol yeah it happened......

Sadly he was killed a number of years ago.

My dad came down to visit a little while ago & bagged up his Hilux turbo diesel with LSD right next to a little lancer, the girls in the car crapped themselves, I & the otehrs in the car could not stop laughing! 4X4 tyres have a very loud sound ;) - So yeah he might be a grandfather of 6 but he is still out there building burnout machines with my little brother, or trying to show up his son-in-laws!