Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

Gus

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Acclaim
My dad is a hoon and a lover of cars..

He's had plenty of cars.. some which include..

R8 Clubsport tuned to about 390KW or something along the lines..
1972 Corvette Stingray
Series 7 V12 BMW
Mustang Fastback
Dodge Ram V10
351 V8 Ford Bronco

and now he has a 2008 Harley Davidson Fatboy..

I wish he kept the Corvette for when i got my L's.. my brother got to drive it back from QLD!!!!

PORT3R

WTB: 1 money tree
Reaction score
Members Ride
5L VQ stato
Yeah... both sides of my family are.

My mum used to do a bit of amateur racing, she drove one of those really old Mazda3 rotary thingos "hotted up", as she likes to say.

My dad was defected taking my mum to the hospital to give birth to me.
He had a HQ monaro with massive racing slicks dumped on her ass.
He sold that before I could remember and got himself a VK SS, loved that car, shame he sold it when I was around 6-7 for like $2000 :hmmm:

He also boasts to me that he got "air" down in Richmond in his Monaro...
But he swears he was only doing like 70km/h... :rofl:

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
yeah my dad was, his dad was, my brother was and well... i was. good thing is there is a was at the end of those :)

i think i'd be dead if i didnt stop - the stupid **** you do when your young :/

Edit: im still young... but more mature... so that statement is actually meant to be - stupid **** you do when your immature.

456adam

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Statesman
My old man was a bit of a hoon, used to own a XB with a 355 in it.
Still can't believe he sold it.

XCPTOR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK interceptor
My old man was a bit of a hoon, used to own a XB with a 355 in it.
Still can't believe he sold it.
dont think it would of been a 355.. did you mean 351

also my old man was a huge hoon while i was growing up i spent my weekends with him doing laps n cruising the nights, burnouts, drags, loved his panelvans, ford coupes toranas commodores which he owned about 500 cars while i was growing up
best was when he used to pick me up from school leaving sideways :D

Last edited:

Caity05

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6
My dad is definitely a hoon - forever telling us stories about when he was a kid & the cars they drove. He had a few panelvans he would enter in car shows, he did up a VB Commodore (then a week later, Mum drove it up a steep gutter & destroyed the skirts on it, it was only a few mm of the ground!)

When I bought my car, he brought it home on trade plates. He casually asked if the trip computer showed the highest speed reached on it - apparently he got it up to 140km/h in an 80km/h zone "just to make sure it was safe for my daughter" *rolls eyes*

VN_chris

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore S
My Dad isnt a hoon, really safe driver. He funded my Auto project for the HSC, rebuilt the engine in my VN and turned it into a burnout car. If i want to enter a comp he comes with me. Top bloke.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
My old man and my uncle used to modify their Mini's when they were younger. Both living in the UK, the Mini was a tough little car.

Uncles a bit of a tuning boffin aswell when it comes to carby cars. Was telling me about how he used to drive down the road, shut the car off, coast to a stop, pull the plugs out and then adjust the mixture accordingly depending on the markings on the plugs.

Old man used to be into bikes, managed to come off on a wet night once doing some rediculous speed and just slid down the middle of the road, luckily not hitting anything. Then another time when he wasnt so lucky in the dry, ended up taking most of his skin off on his stomach through road rash.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Neither of my parents were far too interested in their cars. Mum used to either drive, or want a Hillman Hunter. Mum can appreciate cars, and effort people put into modifying etc, dad simply uses a car to drive, and couldn't give two shits otherwise. Story has it, my late Grandfather on my mum's side was the car buff, used to own an old Caltex in Frankston back in the day too.

Chris E

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Executive 3.8
Dad was a hoon when he was younger and still in europe, tells me about his fiat with quad carbs and ****...

We built our own speedway track for shits and giggles, hes a lunatic around the property its on but is pretty responsible on the road. I'm pretty pumped for when we take his super sedan out there, top notch roller + 383ci stroker + private track = fun.