Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Was Your Dad a Hoon

jonko

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5 ltr
my dad was a major hoon he use to liv in club terus (dont no the spelling) but there was only 3 mills a pub and a milk bar there and he sead cops neva went out there. he sead he always drove fast every in his HQ monaro, kingswood or a dune buggy doing burnouts every where and speed limet nothing unda 160 klm i wish it was the old days he was driven around town when he was 13-14

Kardo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
my dad is still a hoon even so he try's to tell me keep ur car as a sleeper u can tell he is impressed when i tweak it and it goes harder these days he prefers his bikes but put him behind the wheel of mine or mums car and he cant help but cherp the wheels :)

Dz811

Just some p-plater
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6
my dad was a "do what i say, not what i do" kinda bloke....
he was always tellin us about not doin anything stupid....

He loves hammering around in his 2002 cv8 monaro...
And he left massive black marks in the carpark in his 1977 hz gts that we did up (5 minutes after he explicitly told me NOT to)...

He was just telling me the other day how he has to get ONE tyre replaced on his van (for work). Because he could only get one spinning while doing a standstill...

And he got mum wondering what on earth was going on after the alignment was out on the landcruiser...
Because dad thought it would be fun to try and get the landcruiser to do donuts in the court (and actually managed to get the 2 inside wheels half spinning) :p

SO yes.... My dad is 42, and STILL one heck of a hoon.... Not that he would ever admit it :p

Frank2112

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Wagon, VE II SV6
Was...........Still is.LOL. Racing speedway and rallying in the '60's. Working in the car trade for 30 odd years so he got to drive a lot of performance cars over the years. Now in retirement he still gives it plenty when he's on the highway.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
So does anyone else think it's in the blood - was/is your Dad a Hoon too?

No. I'm the first in the line, and if my son/daughter wants to hoon it up they will be both buying and modding their own cars as i have had to. Back in my day...... :blah blah:

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
My old man is defiantly a skirt. Mates can always say "but dad you did this **** when you where young" but i can't he did have two cars that where ok an old holden think it was HR and a turbo pulsar :p, but he is always telling me to watch my speed and dont pick up bad habbits while your young like going straught through roundabouts and being impatient (impatient with drivers who take ages to take off or the ones that stop at evey turn off in an undercover car park to see if there is a park etc.) Same as mum however my dads adopted brother likes to do "squeelys" when he comes down in the hire cars and in his vr

ditch_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL ridin 18s
my old boy is definately the biggest hoon i know. hes blown about 8 diffs in his own driveway lol
last time he came down for a visit he borrowed my car for a couple days and when he brought it back there was two new tyres in the boot cos he burnt the others off, then complained cos how much the 18"s cost!

:driving:

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
My Dad was a world class hoon. Raced on the track a heap.

Owned the very first cooper S sold in Australia. Used to drive it from Maryborough to Hervey Bay (18Miles) to test it out on the flats and over dead mans hill. Got to the point where the coppers would get on the phone in Maryborough and phone the bay station and say " That bloody caswell has just gone past again on the road to the bay. If he gets there before (18 minutes time) book him for speeding ". Dad used to stop outside the bay for a smoke :)

He raced tin tops at lakeside and surfers for years. Factory backed by Honday in a Zot and a Civic, privateer Alfa Romeo, Coopers at Bathurst. 2 Years running at Bathurst on the saturday practices his co-driver (Keith Shaw) rolled it at the cutting. Unhappy.

Lakeside used to hold drag meets on the front straight ! somewhere I have a trophy of his for the fastest quarter mile ever recorded there.

Me ? I have a driving record so long it's got hairs on it. Was scary fast in carts though. Wish I could go racing with a budget.

roon_VR

VR executive Commodore
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8 V6 executive SII VR
My dad was also a hoon. Back in the mid 70's, he had a ford XB john goss special and lost his license and continued to drive without a license. He was more of a hoon then anyone back then but today he's quite the calm driver.